The Never Ending Battle: Physical or Digital

Hardbacks VS E-Readers


The battle of the century. Where friends become enemies and the only ones that suffer are the poor words that are waiting to be read while everyone fights over how to read them. Which side are you on? Do you prefer print or digital? Here I will chime in on my thoughts about the epic battle. Which side do you think I will be on?

BOTH!

I know you all just gasped, but I enjoy both. Just like many others, I love the smell of new and old books. It is a comforting scent that is like no other. With ever page turn you can smell the book inviting you into its world. I can spend hours in a bookstore, just looking. From cover art to typography, I love seeing what each author envisions for their creation. It is a world uniquely its own. There is something very satisfying about showing others how many books you have collected, their worn bindings showing the love and attention you have given.

Yet I am a woman that loves the convenience of having all of my books at my fingertips. I do not often have a reading plan or a list of books I want to read in a particular order. Having to pack books for a vacation is often very stressful for me. Having a Kindle simplified things. I can throw it in my bag and not worry about the "what ifs" that would usually plague my mind. Another reason why I love my Kindle, is not widely known. Reading small print is sometimes painful for me. My eyes have a hard time focusing on smaller text which causes strain. Too much strain and I have triggered a headache that can easily turn migraine. My Kindle lets me avoid that with being able to increase my font size up or down accordingly.

No matter what side of the battle you are on, you have your reasons why you chose the side you chose. I just happen to sit on top of that battle line and watch the carnage of the war between print and technology.

No comments