Tag - Book Edition

Today I thought I would just do something fun and silly. It is no secret that I love to read! I am doing the Reader Problems Tag. I originally watched several YouTube videos on this and thought I would blog it. (Let's be real, me talk to a camera? Hilarious!) As a avid reader, this tag hit home with all of the difficult questions. From Goodreads to TBRs, Covers to Tears this tag has them all. So let's get to the questions, shall we?

Reading



You have 20,000 Books on your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?


-I mostly go on what I am wanting to read at the time. It could be romance, thriller, or even fantasy. Sometimes if I am having trouble, I will give several vague ideas to my boyfriend for him to choose. (Example: Love triangle, memoir, or classic romance)

You are half way through a book and you are just not loving it, do you quite or are you committed?


-It depends on the book and why I am reading it. It takes a lot for me to give up on a book. I usually try to push through it, yet I realize how terrible that can be. (Someone should make me put some of them down)

The end of the year is coming, you are so close but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge, do you try to catch up and how?


-I can't answer this question from experience, this is my first year doing a Goodreads reading challenge for myself; however, depending on how many I have left to go, I will try to get as close as possible. I have set my goal modestly for this year (35 books). I can always go back and add more to that goal.

The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?


-For several years I let the hatred of someone else regarding this issue cloud my views (Pesky fire breathing dragons). I am not a fan of covers not matching, but I would just deal with it. I love covers as much as the next book person; however, my love is with the written content of the book, not the artwork.

Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don't like, who do you bond with over shared feelings?


-My best friends and my boyfriend would still let me get it off of my chest as to why I really do not care for the book (Or at least you better). As for bonding, I would just hope to maybe be understood on the topic if no one shared my opinions of the book.

You are reading a book and you are about to start crying in public, how do you deal?


-I rarely cry while reading, which I find very strange. I tend to be emotionally driven in life. And sometimes that means crying very easily (Stop laughing, it looks terrible to say a lot here), yet somehow, reading doesn't bring that out in me.

A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you have forgotten a lot from the prior novel: will you reread the book, skip the sequel, try to find a synopsis on Goodreads, cry in frustration?


-There is two options here depending on how much I enjoyed the previous book. If I loved the book: I will reread the book, but if it was just a book I liked, I would start with a synopsis to see if it jogged my memory. (Who has time to reread everything?!)

You don't want anyone, ANYONE borrowing your books, how do you politely tell them no?


-As gently as possible, unless they just won't listen (then I beat them with the book until they leave). They are just my babies. I don't care for them leaving the house without me. A bit much maybe?

Reading ADD, you have picked up and put down five books over the last month, how do you get over your reading slump?


-This doesn't happen to me very often. I usually know before starting a book whether I am in the mood to read or not. I never force myself to read, that only makes it worse. (Someone wave a book under my nose, the world is getting dark)

There are so many new books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you actually buy?


-Surprisingly enough, I do not buy very many new releases just as they are coming out. The one exception was Insurgent, and that was coincidence. I just happened to buy Divergent the night before and read it in a day. I seen the sticker for Insurgent and just had to go out and get it. I didn't even do that with the Harry Potter books. (I hear all those gasps)

After you have bought the new books that you cannot wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you to get to them?


-This varies greatly. The past few months, I have had a great turn around on buying and reading them immediately (Amen for the Popsugar Book Challenge). This did not used to be the case at all. I have tons of books I have still yet to read. (TBR book shame anyone?!)

Stack of Books

I hope that you have enjoyed this little tag. If you would like, answer these questions for yourself. I would love to see links to your post or video.

No comments