Thankful Thursday - November 7, 2019

Hiya, Darlings!! Even though I have been MIA, I couldn't let this time of year pass by without my weekly thankful posts that I started with my Bestie, The Girl From Alabama!




I have been gone for some time, so I don't want to just jump right in without at least mentioning it. I have written several posts; however, I never gathered the courage to post them. Some of which addressed my absence. I would love to give this amazing reason as to why, but it is simply a lack of inspiration and a struggle to write blogs that I found worthy of posting. Maybe some of those posts will find the light of day in the future, nevertheless, today is all about the gratitude!

I am marrying a weirdo - to put it simply, we share a mutual weirdness all our own. Meme wars, goofy noises, and just random silliness are always splattered throughout our communications and I wouldn't have it any other way. In all that is buried a way for us to laugh no matter the circumstances we are facing, which is something I am forever grateful for. Some couples have roses and date nights, we have goat noises and outlandish children.

Christmas Toy Prep - speaking of our kids, toy catalogues have started to find their way into our home. It takes me back to my childhood having them pour over the pages together, taking note of all they want to ask Santa to bring. There have been comical moments and maybe a little bickering, but it is a joyful noise I can't help be revel in.

Emotional conversations - I will forever cherish that I have people that value my opinions enough to have strong conversations with me. Recently, talking with one of my oldest involved some emotions to come to the surface for both of us. I truly learned more respect for her in how the conversation was handled and resolved. I am grateful for the trust she placed in me to be able to open up and express those emotions without fear or reservation.

Gilmore Girls - Before this year I had never watched this show no matter how many times I had heard it mentioned. With kids off to college, several were looking for a way for us to still have bonding time with them away (which I am so thankful for). That is how Gilmore Girls' nights were born. Even though we are apart, we grab snacks and fire up Netflix to watch episodes together. Not binge-watching it all at once is grueling; however, the bonding time spent together is way worth it.

ARCs and Reading with Bestie - Readathons have been happening with Hunter throughout the year; however, this is a different kind of excitement. I was recently approved for an ARC by a romance author she introduced me too. I am beyond blessed to have a friend in my life that not only loves reading right along with me, but that also joins me in celebrating reading events, challenges, and just our love of books together.

Tiny warriors and mended hearts - This year, two tiny miracles were born early. The blessings of their birth and survival as micro-preemies have been celebrated one milestone at a time. The most recent ones are the closing in tiny Clairee's heart and her and Vandy reaching 3lbs!!! I am beyond honored and proud to be a part of their lives alongside one of my most treasured male friends. These two tiny blessings have brought so much joy into this world. I can't wait to see all that they overcome.

Generous Friends and Answered Prayers - It is the time of year when expenses sneak up on you quickly. I just recently had that happened. With one thing after another, when my laptop alerted me to yet another thing I couldn't avoid all I could do was pray. God saw fit to answer that prayer through a friend sharing kindness with me. And although they don't do mushy, they know how grateful I am for all they have done for me. I will never forget their kindness and love.

That's it y'all! A week full of kindness, gratitude, and celebrating all of the blessings in life. Depression and anxiety rob me of these things; however, I have found the simple act of gratitude to be life-changing in those moments of darkness. What are some of the things you are thankful for in your life right now? Big or small, a thankful heart shines through.

No comments