Currently Reading - May 2019

Hiya dearies!! I can't believe we are already heading full steam ahead towards summer! Most schools have let out, two of my kids are starting college prep for the fall, and vacations are coming! I am here to share with you all the things I managed to read for May.



May Currently Reading

Reading Goals: Read ARCs

Number of Books Read: 3

Average Rating: 4.6

Total Page Count: 897

DNF: 0


All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood ★ 
"Mr. Arsenikos said if you knew the constellations you would never get lost. You could always find your way home"
Wavy doesn't like to be touched and she doesn't speak. Growing up her mother instilled in her the mouth was a dirty thing and not to let others touch her or she would be dirty too. After her mother and father are released, Wavy and her brother are united and returned back to their family, back to the past. Wavy does the best to protect Donal too. That night in the meadow changed everything, the man on the motorcycle changed everything. There aren't many words I can say about this book except that it is gripping, twisted, and a rollercoaster of emotions. It really made me question things. I was engrossed in the story and captivated by the characters. It was unique and nothing like anything I have ever read before.


Reading the Signs by Keira Andrews ★ 
“That’s human nature, right? We don’t want something, but tell us we can’t have it—whoa, that changes everything. Whether we’re five or fifty.”
Jake Fitzgerald never thought he would find himself in this situation. Traded! And without the promised heads up from those he had trusted. It will only be for a few years until he can retire unless he finds a way out of his contract early. Projected to do well for a startup team, Nico is pushing for rookie of the year; however, his short fuse is threatening to overtake those dreams. Calling in Jake was the teams way of trying to get his under control. Will they be able to ground each other enough to make it through the season? Oh, this book was amazing. Baseball is a new found love for me, add in M/M romance and I am sold! It was a slow build, but once it exploded it was like fireworks! There were quirky little aspects that I loved, like armadillos (you will just have to read it to understand). Now I understand why my bestie was raving about it and had her husband read it. I now have my fiance reading it as well. I felt all the feels and enjoyed every second of the ride.

Damian's Discipline by K.C. Wells ★ 
“He didn’t know it yet, but I would break down the gates of heaven and hell to see him live again.”
Jeff is struggling to survive on the streets after unspeakable abuse at the hands of his pimp. Using pills to get by isn't much of a life, but it is all he has. Then, he meets Scott and he vows to help Jeff. Damian is still grieving for his lost boy, but he is a safe place for Jeff until they can find someplace else. Seeing just how broken Jeff is, he will do whatever is within his power to help him heal. I mentioned that Reading the Signs was a slow burn... this one takes the cake. It dives deep into the emotional and physical aftermath of abuse, abandonment, and loss. My only complaint was time within the book. There were sudden shifts without a fluid transition and those would pull me out a little bit. The characters themselves were loveable and amazing. It was raw and vulnerable. I enjoyed reading this one.

Month in Review: May didn't quite go as planned. I had every intention of catching up on ARCs, but I just couldn't get invested into them the way I wanted. I didn't end up doing a lot of reading this month; however, I read things I really enjoyed. A few M/M romances books really set the scene going into June and Pride month, so I have every intention to carry on with that. All the Ugly and Wonderful Things comes away with my most thought-provoking read of the month. Overall, I am a little disappointed in myself, but the read was good.

What did you read in the month of May? What books are you most looking forward to diving into this summer?

**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com or directly from publishers. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author unless otherwise disclosed.

No comments