Currently Reading - March 2020

Hiya Guys and Gals!! What a whirlwind we are all in at the moment. If you are a bookworm like me, you are taking this added time to read. And for me, that equaled a total of TEN books this month!
First, I want to let every reader know that during this current situation (Covid-19 for those reading this much later) that I am thinking of you all. Although my state has just implemented a closure of nonessential businesses, I have personally been social distancing for several weeks. I know that I am very blessed to be able to do that. With that being said, I used the time to escape for moments of time by reading. In my mind, it was a wonderful reading month full of new favorites and even one that I just couldn't finish.




Standout Book(s)
Having a mentor or someone in faith that you can look up to is very important. Over the last few years, Annie F. Downs has become that person for me. During her quarantine, my appreciation for her has really grown. I have always intended to read Remember God because all I know was that she talks about how cathedrals are important to her. This was a surprise gift from my bestie and I DEVOURED it. One thing I love about Annie is that she considers everyone a friend. I think that is why it is so easy to relate to her writing. She is human and flawed, but in a beautiful way that she isn't afraid to share. Her vulnerability is something that really connected with as I read through what she is walking through and how it is very similar to my current struggle. This has been a bright spot in my month and it will be a book I continue to read over and over again.

I am not sure how to present or talk about this last book. A recent booktuber that I have found raved about it; however, I tucked it away and forgot the recommendation. I signed up for a free trial of Scribd and saw that this was available and knew I needed to read it. The Simple Wild is such a beautifully detailed book in a way that made me feel present within the landscapes. The relationships, family and romantic, are curated in such a way that is authentic and emotionally investing to me. This book had me laughing, not wanting to put it down, and weeping. I finished the last few chapters with silent tears, but it was such an artfully crafted story for me.

Honorable Mention
This month was terribly hard to just narrow down my standout books; however, there are several other books that I want to mention more briefly. A Curious Beginning: this was a wild ride and one I regret waiting so long to read. Coveted: I read this when the news started to ramp up and it was the best escape. All the Bright Places: This is a favorite of someone dear to me and I can see why. Heartbreaking doesn't cover it. I ugly cried. I would have thrown it if it wasn't on my Kindle.

ARCs Read
The Dilemma (NetGalley / St. Martin's Press) lulled a little bit for me. I really hate that because B.A. Paris is known for thrillers that are page-turning. The suspenseful plot wasn't enough to keep the story going and I found myself flipping to know the resolution, and only then could I finish reading it properly. Although it was lacking in suspense, it held a real look at communication breakdown within a relationship in the face of terrible news.

Wow! I will admit, it has been a long time since I have been this excited to share some books with you. This post isn't sponsored, but I quickly want to mention my favorite book find this month: Scribd. I was blown away by the selection and I can't wait to use it more. If you follow the link you can sign up to try Scribd free for 60 days.

Disclaimer: Although this post isn't sponsored, using that link will also give me 30 days free as well. I do not make anything monetary in return, but using that link would be a great help for me. 

No comments