Currently Reading - December 2018

Hello, Lovelies! 2018 is coming to a close at midnight and I can't believe we have finished another year! December was a relaxed reading month full of Christmas books, so let's see what I read.



December Book Stats

Reading Goals: Finish Unread TBR and Christmas Books

Number of Books Read: 5

Star Ratings:               Number of Pages:               Genres:
-5                                             -256                                                      -Christmas, Romance
-1                                             -157                                                      -Christmas, Romance
-5                                             -152                                                      -Christmas, Romance
-5                                             -211                                                      -Christmas, Romance
-4                                             -224                                                      -Christmas, Romance

DNF: 0


Month in Review:

Starry Night - Debbie Macomber does it again! (Is anyone surprised?) The romance in this one was just adorable. Christmas is one of my favorites and I love to consume all the love. This has all the makings of a Hallmark movie and I enjoyed it so much. I loved the sections set in Alaska and would have loved to have had more. I reached the twist meant to break them up when I thought I still had a lot left in the book, but it was just extra content. I would have enjoyed seeing more of them afterward and even beyond that.

Christmas Light - I really wanted to like this book. It was short and the premise, childhood best friends coming together again, was one I thought would be so sweet and endearing. I was so let down by the female lead's character and behavior. Her attitude and how she handled things, as a teen and as an almost 30-year-old adult, was just uncalled for. The other big issue I had was a miscommunication from her. She didn't want to communicate and then she left things to him to recover when she was the one who needed to communicate and stop acting childish. I was pushing through in hopes it got better, but it was just a big disappointment for me.

Christmas at Copper Mountain - I absolutely loved this. I devoured it in a day. Even though it was on the shorter side it was well rounded and balanced. Even though it isn’t completely logical that things would happen that way, in reality, it was still so enjoyable. The ending was beautiful!! I wasn’t expecting much after the disappointment with the previous book; however, this just hit me right in the feels. The characters were lovely. I couldn’t have asked for anything more except maybe length. Wonderful Christmas time romance.

Merry Inkmas - I am literally a puddle over this book. I am about to just gush, so be prepared. Before I start that, let me get the one bad things out of the way: it ended way too soon!!! I laughed, I cried, and I loved right along with this book. I know this is a light and fluffy read, but there are some hard-hitting topics that are handled well too. I loved the sprinkling of Beauty and the Beast and other nerdy references mixed in. The characters were lovely and relatable too. One phrase to sum it all up for me: be still my heart!!

An Island Christmas - I couldn't stop laughing throughout this book! There were so many hilarious parts and that is part of the reason for the four-star rating that I gave it. There were some inconsistencies and some things I didn't understand why it was written the way it was; however, overall it was a very relatable tell of Christmas. All the mishaps that kept happening and the way the characters dealt with them was very real yet also very comical at the same time. It was a very pleasant and enjoyable read. I want to read more from this author in the future.

I hope that 2018 was a good reading year for you as well! I am already working on changes to my tabs and my format for the coming year. What was your favorite book from this year?

*Please note, this post is not recommended for mobile viewing due to formatting. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com or directly from publishers. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author.

No comments