OWLs Magical Readathon 2019 Wrap Up

Hello, darlings! April is a busy month for Hogwarts students, or just readers like me that love the OWLs Readathon hosted by The Book Roast. I can't wait to share with you my results from the readathon, so let's get started!



If you are wondering what this readathon is about, I will link to her announcement video here. She also has a playlist of all of her Magical Readathon videos from this year and the previous year as well. I participated in this readathon later than usual last year with Hunter from The Girl from Alabama and LOVED it! We had so much fun together planning our TBRs and updating each other as we read. You must be wondering what the OWLs are. They are Ordinary Wizarding Levels and it is the tests taken during the fifth year at Hogwarts.

 I didn't do a dedicated post for my TBR this year because I am a mood reader, things change for me as the month goes along. So today, I want to share with you the prompts I completed and which book I used to complete them with. I won't be going into a lot of detail about each book, but stay tuned and my Currently Reading April 2019 post will have all the details.

Prompts Completed

Arithmacy - Work written by more than one author

Astronomy - "Star" in the title

Care of Magical Creatures - Land animal on the cover

Charms - Age-line: Read an adult work

Defense Against the Dark Arts - Reducto: title that starts with "R"

Divination - Set in the future

Herbology - Plant on the cover

History of Magic - Published at least ten years ago

Potions - Next ingredient: sequel

Transfigurations - Sprayed edges or red cover

Prompts Not Completed

Ancient Runes - Retelling (Of course I would have read a Beauty and the Beast retelling for this)
Muggle Studies - Contemporary (I am currently read the book for this, but I don't look to be finished in time)

OWLs Performance

Outstanding: Completed 9 or more exams

I certainly had days where I could, and should have read more; however, overall, I am pretty satisfied with the reading for this readathon. I didn't pick a career path for the OWLs, but it is something I am considering for the NEWTs coming up later this year. What posts would you like to see from me for that readathon?

If you participated int he readathon as well, let me know how your reading went below! Also, what was your favorite prompt? Which book was you most looking forward to and did you live up to the excitement?

No comments