O.W.L.s Magical Readathon Wrap Up - Currently Reading - April 2020

Hiya Darlings!!! It is the end of April and that means the end of the O.W.L.s Magical Readathon!! As I await my owl with my official results I wanted to go ahead and shared what I ended up reading this month.


As you can imagine, April's currently reading post will be a little different than my usual format of the standout book, honorable mention, and ARCs read; however, I wanted to share what I read in a similar format to my TBR post. This way, you can get a clear picture of what changes I made in my reading for the O.W.L.s. Let's jump right in!

Mandatory Requires for Care of Magical Children


Arithmancy: Read something outside of your comfort zone
  • No Place for a Lady by Gill Paul (Audiobook via Scribd)

Charms: Book with a white cover
  • Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (Scribd)

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Book set at the sea/coats
  • The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (Scribd)

Herbology: Title that starts with an 'M'
  • My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell (Audiobook via Scribd)

History of Magic: Book featuring witches/wizards
  • Stockings and Spells by Nancy Warren

Muggle Studies: Book from a perspective of a muggle
  • One True Loves by  Taylor Jenkins Reid (Scribd)

Potions: Book under 150 pages
  • A Pinch of Sugar by Jessa Kane

Transfiguration: Book/series the includes shapeshifting
  • Omega Mine by Leta Blake

Other Prompts Completed

Ancient Runes: Heart on the cover or in the title
  • Crochet and Cauldrons by Nancy Warren

Astronomy: Read the majority of this book when it's dark outside
  • In Other Words, Love by Shirley Jump (Netgalley ARC)

Care of Magical Creatures: Creature with a beak on the cover
  • Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras (Netgalley ARC)

My owl has arrived, and I have officially passed my O.W.L.s portion of exams for Care of Magical Children! Of course, I will still need to complete the N.E.W.T.s later on this year, but I will be sharing about that a little closer to time. I knew as I went into April that this would be a big reading month for me. Even though I didn't complete all 12 prompts, I am so excited that I finished 11. Also on the completed list, this month was an ARC via Netgalley of I Left the House Today by Cassandra Calin and a bedtime story for my not so little fiance (Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site).

I am so grateful for the chance to participate in such an amazing readathon each year. I would love to know what you ended up completing for your O.W.L.s this year, so feel free to leave them down below.

No comments