O.W.L.s Magical Readathon - 2020 TBR

Hiya darlings!! Or should I say, fellow witches and wizards? April is a magical time of year when we all come together to sit our O.W.L.s exams (Ordinary Wizarding Levels for the muggles who have stumbled upon this blog). Today I am going to share my TBR stack for this readathon!


For anyone who knows me, this comes as no surprise. This is my third year sitting for these exams, and it is something I look forward to with Hunter each year. I have done all the things, I have winged it, and this year I am even picking a career to study for. Let me tell you more about the readathon and share some important links with you.



O.W.L.s Magical Readathon, or the Ordinary Wizarding Levels, is a readathon created by the lovely Book Roast over on Youtube (you can find videos for her announcement and TBR as well). She has compiled many resources over on her website; however, here are a few direct links to important information such as the prompts and wizarding careers guidebook.

Choosing a Career
Last year I didn't choose a career and I just winged it. This left me with no career at the conclusion of the year. This year I decided to pick a career to go by, especially with the addition of some lovely careers! I will be studying for:

Care of Magical Children

Caring or children is something very new and dear to my heart inside and outside of the wizarding world. I knew the moment I saw this addition that it was meant for me this year! Let's go over the necessary requirements and the books I will be reading for those prompts.

Mandatory Requirements
Arithmancy: Read something outside of your comfort zone
-Roses by Leila Meacham (On recommendation from Annie F. Downs)

Charms: Book with a white cover
-Strawberry Cream Cupcake & Murder by Ann S. Marie

Defence Against the Dark Arts: Book set at the sea/coast
-Seashells, Spells, and Caramels by Erin Johnson

Herbology: Title that starts with an 'M'
-My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

History of Magic: Book featuring witches/wizards
-Stockings and Spells by Nancy Warren

Muggle Studies: Book from a perspective of a muggle
-Remember God by Annie F. Downs (this is a gift from Bestie and I am so excited)

Potions: Book under 150 pages
-The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Transfiguration: Book/series that includes shapeshifting
-A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

And since I am just a tad bit extra, I have picked books out for the other prompts as well. Obviously, I will prioritize the books from above, but I am going to attempt to complete them all.

Extra Prompts
Ancient Runes: Heart on the cover or in the title
-Crochet and Cauldrons by Nancy Warren

Astronomy: Read the majority of this book when it's dark outside
-In Other Words, Love by Shirley Jump

Care of Magical Creatures: Creature with a beak on the cover
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Divination: Assign numbers to your TBR and use a random number generator to pick your read
-All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

And if that wasn't enough for you? She has also added courses, seminars, and training that we can take as well. Thankfully, those books can double up. The course that I have chosen is something that I am already doing for my career anyway, but it is also something I would find fascinating as well!!

Merpeople Linguistics

I look at this list in awe and in fear. I don't know if I will complete it all, but I am going to give it my best shot. With a total of 3873 pages, 1025 of those being approximately 33 hours in audiobook format, I am in for a huge reading month! I am not doing this alone, however, so head on over to The Girl From Alabama and see if she has shared her TBR on her blog. As besties, we have been doing this readathon and many others together for a while. Are you participating as well? Leave a list of your TBR down below!

No comments