Thankful Thursday 2018 - Week Two

Hiya Darling!! We are now into the second week of November and it feels like it is flying by already!! I am so excited to share with you a few more things that I am thankful for, so let's get started!



“If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace.” –Max Lucado

Faith
Is it finished? - Answered prayers, there is truly nothing more reassuring and calming than hearing my Father's voice. It started with a question on a podcast that planted into my mind and my life. It whispered to dark places and lead me to cry out to God. As I pondered that question, is it finished, God began to answer me and show me how far from finished things really are. It is in those moments, the silent moments, that I am learning to rest in Him. With or without answered prayers, I continue to hold tightly to His promises, His truth.

Family and Friends
Dylan - Particularly parenting together. It isn't something that I share about often, but in those moments when we unite to take care of one of our children my heart just soars. We don't always parent the same way; however, we do each have a heart for caring for our children. Laughing with him, grieving and crying with him, no matter the form it takes, there is no one else I would rather parent with. 

Hobbies, Crafts, and Reading
Christmas Movies and Books - Many of you just groaned, and I understand that it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. Trust me, I'm not overlooking the holiday; however, Christmas is a comfort for me. I am the one you will hear playing Christmas music any time during the year when I need that little bit of comfort. So I have been taking advantage of Hallmark movies any chance I can get. So far this year I have loved catching old favorites and using the app to see which movies are coming when. You can find the app here.

Food and Drink
Fresh Spinach Tomato and Garlic Tortellini Soup - Pinterest is magnificent for all things; however, food is on the top of that list. This is one of my favorite soup recipes going into the cooler months. It is light and delicious without being too complicated. I usually double the patch and make a huge pot to keep for days.

I hope that you enjoy the things that I am grateful for, especially the recipe I shared. What is something that you are thankful for this week? And don't forget to head over to The Girl From Alabama to check out her post. I will a link to last weeks post here if you'd like to check it out.

No comments