Thankful Thursday 2018 - Week Five

Hello, Lovelies! The month is flying by us. It is the last week in November and it is a bittersweet one. I always look forward to this series each year. Gratitude is a daily exercise, but I love sharing it publicly during this season.



"Comparison isn't just the thief of joy, it's the thief of everything. Keep your eyes on your purposeful path. Celebrate others. Celebrate progress, not perfection. Cultivate gratitude over comparison. Gratitude turns what we have into more than enough." - Lara Casey

Faith
Jesus Calling for Christmas by Sarah Young - As Thanksgiving wrapped up it is time to start preparing for Advent in my family. This is one of the earlier starting ones that I am reading along with my bestie, Hunter from The Girl From Alabama (she will be linked below). We are only a few days in, but I am already loving it. It is short yet packed with sweet wisdom and reminders of focus for the holiday season. I look forward to my few minutes of quiet time in this one.

Family and Friends
Ridge - My future sister-in-law isn't someone that gets mentioned here a lot; however, she means so much to me. I feel like the last year or so we have grown closer. It was really the first of the friendships in this group that I have surrounded myself with. Back then I had no clue what the future would hold, but I am glad that she has been with me for this long. Her recent support has been astronomical for me. I look forward to creating an even stronger bond with her.

Hobbies, Crafts, and Reading
Reading - I know this is a very general thing to be thankful for; however, reading is a really big part of my life. This year I decided to not focus on a challenge or to focus on reading a large number of books. I wanted quality over quantity... As I am writing this I have finished 70 books for this year. It was more than I anticipated and many of those have been amazing. Of course, I will talk more about that towards the end of the year, but it is something I am forever grateful for.

Food and Drink
Eggnog - I saved this for the last week so that no one came after me with a pitchfork. All joking aside, I didn't realize how important eggnog would become to me in the last week. Sickness has made it necessary to take a steady stream of Tylenol which usually makes me sick on an empty stomach. Since milk isn't a friend of mine, I decided to try this instead. It doesn't take much and it makes it to where I am not required to eat every time. Plus, I just love eggnog. (Yes, I am one of those people.)

I always hate to see the ending of this series on my blog; however, you can rest assured that I will be back with it again next November. For now, tell me down below something that you are thankful for going into the holiday season. For even more Thankful Thursday, head over to The Girl From Alabama to catch her last installment for this year as well!

No comments