First 5 App Review

Hello darlings! In a recent post I talked about my bullet journal spread and what I use it for. My wonderful bestie, you all know her as Hunter (The Girl From Alabama), suggested that I do a review of the First 5 app that I use. I didn't think much of it until she started asking questions. Today, I am going to talk about the app a little more in depth.


What is First 5 you ask? It is an app that I use each morning for a quick Bible study lesson. There are varying levels that you can participate, which I will talk about in the coming paragraphs. The intentions of the app is the spend the first five minutes of your day with God. Most of us, myself included, have a tendency to pick up our phones first thing when we wake up. What we consume becomes what we carry with us throughout the day. If we spend our first waking moments consuming negative things through social media and other outlets, that has a negative affect on our day. By using First 5, we are fueling ourselves and our day with the word of God.

Here are the basics: each day there is a new lesson uploaded into the app complete with a set of verses to read and the teachings pertaining to those verses. The recommended reading is usually a chapter; however, the lesson usually only covers a few verses that are posted at the beginning of the lesson. There is a shareable graphic at the top and links to referring verses throughout the lesson. At the end of each lesson there is a prayer, a place to share your thoughts and testimonies, and a place to check your reading progress. Also, there is a link for more moments that expands on the lesson. This is where you will find what is labeled the "major moment" of the overall reading which summarizes the complete reading for the day. Here are some screenshots from the app for reference:


First 5
Here you can see to progression of the lesson with the verse, the lesson, prayer, more moments, reading progress, and the place to add and read comments from other users.
First 5
Here is the more moments expanded as well as the major moment and the weekend lesson as well.

Like I said previously, there are many ways that you can participate in the lesson each day. You can just read what is within the app and you can also go more in depth with the complete reading assigned. Within the comments, you can communicate with others, read their moments, and share your own. You can also purchase the experience guide for the current teachings. I have not purchased an experience guide yet; however, it is something that I am considering for the future.

First 5 has really helped me to read and learn more within my Bible. I like that we are typically reading a chapter within a book of the Bible each week day, Monday through Friday. On the weekend, there is a video posted in the place of the lesson that is a weekly wrap up of the chapters covered that week. It has really helped me to dive deeper into these readings and see things that I may have overlooked or that simply didn't stand out to me. Now, I am going to answer a few questions I have been asked about the app.

What age group is the app for? Or is it for everyone?
-I would say that the app is more appropriate from teens and adults; however, I do think it can be used by a parent to teach there children.

Is it easy to join?
-First 5 is very easy to join. All you have to do is download the app and create an account. The app only asks for basic information for login such as your email, first and last name, email, and to create a password. Other information can be added if you would like.

Are there reminders?
-Yes! That is one of my favorite features. You can set a remind for whatever time of day you would like, plus you can customize what that notification says. I love having my say "whispers with God before shouts with the world."

Is it just for apple phones?
-No, it isn't. It is available in the google app store and online at First5.org

Why do you recommend this app?
-I recommend this app for anyone that is looking to spend more time in the word of God each day. Reading the Bible can be a daunting task; however, with this app the lesson is there to help you understand what you have read in more depth. The ladies at First 5 have poured their hearts and there experience into each lesson, it is really like you are having fellowship with them as you read.

I hope that this post has helped you to better understand the app and encourages you to use it as a tool to help you in your daily life. What are some apps and other tools that you us in your walk with faith? If you have any more questions, please feel free to comment or send me an email (links in the sidebar) I would love to help you!

No comments