Currently Reading - July 2018

Hello, Lovelies! July shaped up to be a fast one! I am more excited than I should be that summer is almost over and that fall is almost here! I may or may not have already purchased my first bag of candy corn... So grab a snack for yourself and settle in for the books I read in July, and June since I decided to include the one measly book in here as well.



June and July Book Stats

Reading Goals: Get out of this reading slump.

Number of Books Read: 2

Star Ratings:               Number of Pages:               Genres:
-4                                             -306                                                      -LGBTQ Contemporary
-5                                             -375                                                      -Mystery / Thriller
-3                                             -394                                                      -YA Contemporary

DNF: 2
-After you by Jojo Moyes (June)
-The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse (July)


Month in Review:
June... the reading slump struct. July... it continued. I have managed to finish one book each month. As I am typing this (on the 30th) I am about 65% finished with what I am currently reading; however, when Wednesday hits, I am starting a readathon that will last the whole month of August. Lord, help me. First, let's address the books I didn't finish. It is no secret I loved Me Before You; however, what this book was supposed to me, I didn't enjoy it and I couldn't reconnect with her. The Neverland Wars... this book was good, but I was so confused. That is when my bestie swooped in to relieve me. Turns out it makes more sense if you have read or watched Peter Pan. I will try it again when I can better understand it. More Happy Than Not was really good. I enjoy Adam Silvera's writing. He writes in a very unique way that expresses emotions so genuinely that you can't help but feel for the characters as if they are real. Lies was my attempt to get back into reading and a book I needed to read for Netgalley. It blew me away. I didn't see the ending coming and I was entranced with the concept of the book. I thought it would break me of the reading slump; however, it turns out the next book I picked up was a little bit of a letdown. I wanted so much from this book, especially with that gorgeous cover; however, there were just some parts that really bothered me. It ended up being a middle of the road, didn't hate it, didn't love it book.

What do you do to get out of a reading slump? I would love to hear your suggestions down below. With this readathon in full swing, once this goes live, I will need to read at least five books this month. Sending help... and lots of snacks.

*Please note, this post is not recommended for mobile viewing due to formatting. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com or directly from publishers. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author.

No comments