One Little Word 2018

The year is already well underway, but I have been tossing around ideas in my idea. It started back in November; however, having now settled into the new year I am fully declaring it. My Word of the Year for 2018.



One word. It can be a powerful inclination to change, to do more, a reminder. Looking back on 2017, I somewhat lived my word, but considering someone had to remind me of what it even was... you could say I fell off the wagon with it. This year, I want to change that. I want to live my word and have it ever present in my life.

It's in Christ that we find who we are and what we are living for.
-Ephesians 1:11 (MSG)
What do I want my word to mean for me?

I want my word to be something I keep in the forefront of my mind, ever present. I want it to be something that drives me, encourages me, and pushes me to do more and to be more in all areas of my life. Purpose is also accepting God's plan for my life, opening my heart up to Him and asking Him to guide me on my journey of finding purpose.

How will I incorporate it into my life?

I have a note on my phone with all my notes on my word. I also write it, search for it in my bible study, seek it in all things. My main way to incorporate it at the moment is through prayer. Praying that God leads me to find my purpose in life. Ultimately, seeking God first. Below you will find the wallpaper that I started the new year off with. It is my reminder to seek my purpose.


How does it apply to the big areas I want to work on?

Some of the major areas I want to work on this year like faith, home, relationships, and business, can easily be influenced by purpose. Whether it is using my purpose to fuel my passion, finding the purpose in the mundane everyday tasks that need to get done, or just in finding my purpose in general.

All of this leads me to my starting point with my word. What am I created to do? What is something that sparks joy and fulfillment in my life? How can I take that knowledge and use it to find my purpose? These are all things that I will be focusing on in the coming months as I bring purpose back into my life for 2018.

No comments