Currently Reading - January 2018

January has come and gone. For many it felt like it flew by, but for others it was taking too long. Although I haven't had the most glorious start to my year, I was able to read a few books this month. I am changing up the way I am doing these wrap ups again this year, so let's get start!


January Book Stats

Reading Goals: Read more of the books I own

Number of Books Read: 5

Star Ratings:               Number of Pages:               Genres:
-5                                             -280                                                      -Fantasy, YA
-5                                             -235                                                      -Romance M/M
-5                                             -181                                                      -Romance, M/M
-5                                             -384                                                      -Romance, M/M
-3                                             -278                                                      -Romance, M/M

DNF:
-Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones


Month in Review:
Overall, I had a really decent reading month. Wintersong was a bit of a disappointment for me. I was really looking forward to this book knowing it was a loose retelling of The Labyrinth, which is one of my favorite movies. I would have loved to have fallen in love with this story; however, I just couldn't get into it. It may be one that I try again later on, but for now I have set it aside. As far as my reading goals went for this month... major fail. Four out of the five books I read were loans from my best friend (The Girl From Alabama for anyone who is new here). Although I really enjoyed the romance novels I read, I have to say my favorite from the month is Arcana Rising from Kresley Cole. For those who have been around for a while you will remember seeing these books pop up just about every year. This is a series that I am completely addicted to and just cannot put them down. I became so emotional invested in this book that I took the time to completely explain the series, all the events leading up to it, and the love triangle to someone that didn't really have any idea I was even a reader. I am anticipating the next book releasing later on in the month, just before Valentine's Day.

How did you start off your year with books? How many did you read?

*Please note, this post is not recommended for mobile viewing due to formatting. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author.

No comments