Currently Reading - August 2018

Hello, Darlings! I am back again with another month of reading, and this one is a doozy! With a readathon under my belt and a stack of books to list, let's get started!


August Book Stats

Reading Goals: Read 5 Books, Pass my O.W.L.s with an Outstanding

Number of Books Read: 10

Star Ratings:               Number of Pages:               Genres:
-5                                             -262                                                      -Nonfiction, Self Help
-5                                             -196                                                      -Fairytale, Retellings
-5                                             -66                                                        -Romance, M/M
-5                                             -156                                                      -Poetry
-4                                             -362                                                      -Steampunk, YA, Fantasy
-4                                             -134                                                      -Fairytale, Retellings
-5                                             -107                                                      -Graphic Novel
-4                                             -352                                                      -True Crime
-5                                             -387                                                      -Fantasy
-3                                             -413                                                      -YA, Science Fiction

DNF: 1
-The Rain Watcher by Tatiana de Rosnay


Month in Review:
After a two-month reading slump, I think I can say that I conquered it and jumped back into reading. One thing that helped with that is doing to O.W.L.s readathon with my best friend. Many others in the book community were doing their N.E.W.T.s since the O.W.L.s were done earlier in the year; however, I was late to the game but wanted to participate anyway. I read so many amazing books, many of which I have been looking forward to for some time now. With only one DNF that was just too repetitive and slower than molasses, I can call it a success. Tragedy struck towards the end of the month prompting me to pick up a new hobby (diamond painting) while listening to audio books. My standouts for this month are Poor Unfortunate Souls (which was darkly rich and captivating), Illusionarium (a magical world that was so different from what I have ever witnessed), I'll Be Gone in the Dark (gripping and fascinating, if you can call such a work those things), and The Night Circus (a reread, but one that I love immensely). I can't help but mention Open Earth. It hasn't been released yet, but the art style in this one was perfect and rather enjoyable! I really hope to get more from this series in the future.

September is looking promising with yet another readathon, this time the Horcrux-a-thon!
I can't wait to see what the next month of reading will bring. What is a book that you love going back to time and time again?

*Please note, this post is not recommended for mobile viewing due to formatting. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com or directly from publishers. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author.

No comments