Currently Reading - February 2020

Hiya Dearies!! I can't believe how quickly February flew by! I am here again with another reading update for you. February was jammed packed full of reading, and I hope I can carry this momentum into the rest of the year!
Overall, I had an amazing reading month! I did participate in Tome Topple, but the reading for that wasn't exactly what I had planned. I ended up DNFing the first choice over halfway, but I am still counting it as read after the amount of time and pages spent. Thanks to the Paper and Glam bookclub, my second choice was a reread; however, one I really enjoyed seeing with fresh eyes.



Standout Book
This book snuck in right under the wire, as I finished it on my extra day for 2020. Originally, this was a regional pick from my library to read without holds, but I didn't read it then. After a booktuber I have recently started following called it down to earth, I wanted to give it a try. The waitlist was long, and as it grew near I had thought of canceling my hold. As I wipe away tear from this story, I am here to say Get A Life, Chloe Brown did not disappoint me. I loved the representation, the detail, and the reality that this character brought to the story. It was heart-wrenching, soul-warming, and gut-busting laughter-filled. I devoured this quickly and I felt every emotion I could possibly feel within this book. I will definitely be rereading this in the future.

Honorable Mention
Right now, my bestie is screaming I told you so. The Vampire Knitting Club, well I am going to go ahead and say the series as a whole. Hunter read this last year and raved about it, so naturally, I purchased it as well. It took me a little longer to actually read it; however, I am so glad that I did. I was immediately pulled into the story and couldn't stop until I knew what was going on. I needed something engrossing after a few slumpy days and this hit the spot. The array of characters is quirky and I enjoyed that a lot. I can't wait to continue on with more in this series.

ARCs Read
One Summer in Nashville (read via NetGalley and Aria publishing) was a complete cover/title impulse request for me; however, it was a wonderful one. This turned out to be a story of twists and turns with real grit in the story. It wasn't all picture-perfect and that was something I really enjoyed. I loved the setting of Nashville, which was my main reason for reading it.

A Simple Wedding (read via NetGalley and Hallmark Publishing) was a rollercoaster of emotions for me!! It is not every day that I want to throw a book (for decent reasoning), but had this been a physical copy I would have. Duncan crafted characters in such a way that you immediately felt for them and became invested in the story. It was a lovely read.

Sugar and Vice (read via NetGalley upon publisher's request from St. Martin's Press) was a cozy fun read full of murder, pirates, and cookies. When the publisher emailed me and asked that I read and review it, I had hesitations since it was the second in the series. I need not have worried since the story was fun and inviting. The descriptions of the cookies and baked goods were so divine I found myself hungry while reading it.

What a reading month!! I didn't set out to read this much, but so many of the things I picked up had me so invested I couldn't stop. What are some of your standout favorites from February?

No comments