March Wrap Up

Hello my lovelies! It has been quite some time since I did a blog not related to answering questions. It is time to start something new. March Wrap Up! At the end or beginning of each month I will be telling you which books I read, a little about them, my spoiler free thoughts, and where they fit into my Popsugar Reading Challenge. So let's get started.




The Princess Bride by William GoldmanThe Princess Bride is a daring tale of love, fighting, evil and good, odd alliances, and family told from the eyes of a father who on his death bed was read this story by his father. He sets out to find a copy for his son, only to find out there was a lot more to the story, not all good. He sets out to reconstruct the story as it was told to him, one in which his son can love as well.
This may have been a slow read for me; however, I loved the plot and the twists. I did fine the narration of the revisionist to be a tad boring, but I loved how it all came together and the character diversity.
Popsugar Reading Challenge: Classic Romance

Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado

Redefining Beautiful is a book about how changing your focus and outlook by viewing God as your father, can change the way you look at many things in your life.

"Let's admit it: We all need to be little girls in a big daddy's arms. And this is your time to be little again and know he's got you" Words cannot begin to describe the impact this book has had on my life. By changing the way I view God, I have changed many aspects of my life. It has strengthened my faith, improve my prayer life, and comforted me about my past, present, and future. This is a book I will all cherish and go back too.
Popsugar Reading Challenge: Made You Cry

Déjà Dead by Kathy ReichsDéjà Dead, the first book in the Temperance Brennan series, is a story of a recently divorced medical examiner. Set in Quebec, she is on the search for a killer; however, similarities in several cases is not sitting well with her. Will she be able to stop the killer before he strikes too close to home? Can she protect the ones she loves when his focus turns to her?

My first crime novel in quite some time was a rather quick read for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and its twists. Temperance is a beloved character and one I have always loved visiting.
                   Popsugar Reading Challenge: More Than 500 Pages

Kiss My Grits, Sugar by Gloria Hander LyonsKiss My Grits, Sugar is a southern inspired cookbook served with little bits of humor thrown in. With several short stories tucked in among the delicious southern recipes, it is sure to leave you licking your lips and holding you stomach from laughter.

As a suggestion from someone dear to me, I was intrigued at what this book would hold. Many of the recipes are family staples here in the south, but it is nice to have them on hand as well. The stories had me laughing to the point of tears.
Popsugar Reading Challenge: Book of Short Stories


The Power is Within You by Louise HayThe Power is Within You Is a book about discovering the power of loving yourself and how it can benefit you. From loving the child within to accepting changes, this book is filled with ways to overcome life's troubles.

"The thoughts we choose to think are the tools we use to paint the canvas of our lives." I made it 66% into this book and I put it down. The author gave examples of a situation, stated the advice that was given, but many times, never followed through with the outcome. It leaves me with questions: Did it work? Was the outcome what was expected? And so forth. I found myself doubting the                                             context and soon abandoned the book all together.
                                  Popsugar Reading Challenge: Nonfiction

March was a pretty decent reading month for me. Redefining Beautiful and Déjà Dead were my favorites and standouts for this month. Comment down below if you have read or want to read any of these books. If you are doing the Popsugar Reading Challenge, how many have you finished and what do you plan to read next? I hope you join me again next month to see what books I complete and what I think about them.

No comments