National Dog Day

Hello, my lovelies! There is no denying we all have a soft spot for cuteness. Whether it is cats, dogs, or any other wildlife, I can always find a smile for animals. Today, I want to spotlight my little dog and my fiance's dog as well.



When looking for the perfect dog to match your family, there are many things to consider. With National Dog Day (August 26th) just around the corner, PuppySpot is looking to spread the word about all the benefits that having a dog companion can have on your life.

Let's start with a little bit about the wonderful pouches in my life, then we will talk a little bit more about PuppySpot. (You are going to want to stick around to hear about some of their benefits.)


Magnus, my tiny teacup yorkie, one of the reasons I wanted Magnus was to have a tiny companion that would follow me and would help me with my battle with depression and anxiety. Like I mentioned before, there is something about animals that just make me smile. He is a tiny little thing and just so happens to fit perfectly in the cup holder in my RV. (Don't worry, he actually likes sleeping there and chose it for himself.) Not long after we took him in, he actually alerted for a low blood sugar for one of my little type one diabetics.


Now, I want to talk about Amelia, my fiance's poodle. Amelia is one of many breeds that can be trained to detect high or low blood glucose levels before they reach a dangerous level. Having Amelia around for Dylan can be life-saving. Not only is she a companion that goes everywhere with him, she is trained to help save his life. This is especially important for the times when he doesn't feel his blood sugar drop into dangerous levels. Amelia has given both of us peace of mind. She integrated so well into our family and everyday routine.


So as you can see, having a puppy in your life can have many physical and emotional benefits. Now let me tell you a little bit more about the guys over at PuppySpot. They are a company that is committed to helping breeders find responsible, loving homes for their puppies. I know what you are thinking, why shop when you can adopt? For many people, they have dreams of having a particular breed of dog. They can help connect you with a breeder for your specific needs. One thing I respect about them is their no tolerance for puppy mills, with industry-leading standards placed on their breeders. In a recent announcement, they presented their rehoming program in an effort to assist in rehoming older dogs, particularly breeders. With a health guarantee, you can rest assured that your puppy will have a healthy start in your home.

Dogs are meant to be celebrated and loved. I was so excited to be able to share our pups with you. What are some of the furry friends you have in your life? I would love to know about them down below.

1 comment