Currently Reading - April 2018

Hello, guys and gals! It is the beginning of May and time to start tracking a new month of reading! It has been a fun month for reading, so today I am going to talk about all that I read this month. Sit back and grab a snack!


April Book Stats

Reading Goals:
Read five books, two of which I own.

Number of Books Read:

Star Ratings:               Number of Pages:               Genres:
-5                                             -272                                                      -Romance - M/M
-3.5/4                                       -334                                                      -Historical - Thriller
-4                                             -384                                                      -Mystery - Thriller
-3                                             -144                                                      -Poetry
-3                                             -254                                                      -New Adult - Romance
-4                                             -352                                                      -Romance - Fiction
-5                                             -300                                                      -Memoir - Psychological

DNF:
-Providence by Caroline Kepnes


Month in Review:
What a doozy of a month! Similar to March, I had several NetGalley arcs to read, and another arc from publishers. My goals this month was to read five books, which I did, and two of those being ones that I own. I almost didn't make that goal; however, my best friend, Hunter gifted me a book that has been on my TBR for a while now (Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness). I was so blown away by her gift, I had to jump right in. It turned out to be my favorite book this month. I was engrossed and enraptured to the point I had trouble putting it down. The details could be a bit graphic, but seeing the journey through her eyes was a very unique experience. Another stand out favorite was Cottage by the Sea from NetGalley. Debbie Macomber was one of my aunt's favorite authors, so I jumped at the chance to read it. I quickly fell in love with the setting of Oceanside and the character Keaton, who was a gentle giant. Overall, it was a very satisfying reading month even with the disappointment of one DNF that I just couldn't get into.

What are some of the books you have been loving this month? What is a book that you have been wanting to read for a long time but haven't gotten to it yet? If there are any of these books you would like to see me do a review on, leave it down below as well.

*Please note, this post is not recommended for mobile viewing due to formatting. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com or directly from publishers. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author.

No comments