Top 5 May - Things I Want to Try

Hello, darlings! I hope that this last week of May is finding you well. The month has flown by; however, I hope that you have been able to enjoy it. Today, we have our last Top 5 May post! It is sad and exhilarating to have reached this point and fulfilled the idea that blossomed back in April.



Growing. Growing takes wisdom, but it also takes being teachable and being willing to listen to those around you more than you speak yourself. Part of growing is also trying new things, pushing your boundaries, and discovering what works for you on the journey to finding your true happiness. Today, I wanted to share with you five things that I want to try in the coming year or two. Some may seem simple, but each one is based on meaning and something I have taken a great time to consider. So let's get started!

Powersheets
I am going to start with the most daunting thing on my list. Hunter raves about these and I have been watching from the sidelines as she works her way through her first year with them. I follow all the social media accounts, I watch the webinars, and I am astonished by how many people swear by this product. I have never been a goal person. I may have aspiration and some inspiration, but I don't do goals or resolutions. I keep things simple. However, moving forward I want to test the limits and strive to do more and to do things well. So here I am, looking at an extremely overwhelming product and aspect, waiting for my chance to jump in. If you would like to see more about the Powersheets, you can view some example pages here.

Afternoon Tea
This one is all Hunter, my best friend, and creator over at The Girl from Alabama. She has always loved tea and just about anything British as well. While in London, she picked up the habit of having tea; however, it wasn't until Disney that she fully fell in love with afternoon tea. After reading one of her favorite series, The Wisteria Tea Room, I know really want to visit tea rooms and have afternoon tea.

Conferences - Book or Planner Related
I am a very shy and introverted person. I don't meet new people well and I definitely do not like crowds. Going to a conference is going to be a huge stretch for me; however, after watching all the fun of Wild for Planners, Bookcon, and other conferences play out on youtube and Instagram for a few years now, I am determined I want to go to at least one. The Reset Girl has talked about this throughout many of her videos and has shared tips for doing it as well. I look forward to jumping in and enjoying it, just not alone.

Graphic Design
Those who know me are looking at me funny on this one. For several months now I have been designing my own inserts for my planner, a B6 traveler's notebook; however, it has been my plan for several years to design stickers with my best friend. My most recent project has been playing around with a digital planner. Thanks to Boho Berry, I have become transfixed on digital planning, particularly on the iPad using the Apple pencil. I am looking forward to new tools, ideas, and maybe even some training and classes to help me farther my inspiration and knowledge of graphic designing.

Gardening
My love for growing things comes directly from my grandfather, who I called Pawpaw. Some of my youngest memories are from me wandering around the ground with him, breaking beans, shucking corn, and enjoy the fruits of the labor. So far, I have not been very successful with my succulents; however, I am determined to keep trying in the future. I hope to one day have a small vegetable garden that I can show with pride.

I hate to see this month come to an end. What has been your favorite post from this series? What are five things that you are wanting to try in the future? I hope to see you all again soon!

No comments