Currently Reading - May 2018

Hiya babes! We are almost at the halfway point of the year, can you believe it?! This month wasn't my greatest reading month, but I did enjoy a handful of decent reads, so let's get started!



May Book Stats

Reading Goals: 
Read 5 books, 3 of which I own.

Number of Books Read:

Star Ratings:               Number of Pages:               Genres:
-4                                             -354                                                      -Science Fiction - Thriller
-4                                             -389                                                      -Historical - Mystery
-3                                             -302                                                      -Mystery - Thriller
-4                                             -300                                                      -Mystery - Thriller

DNF: 1
-Stench by A. B. Morgan


Month in Review:
Let's talk goals. I had the best of intentions to have another amazing reading month. I had a line up of books that I was really excited to get to and a plan for knocking them out; however, sometimes you get hit with a reading slump and that is exactly what happened to me. I found myself struggling to read, struggling to focus. Overall it was a decent reading month outside of that. I enjoyed the books I read. I was let down a little by The Roses of May; however, the author really stepped things up and fixed the problems I had in the following book. I am so glad that I was able to get it through NetGalley. Dark Matter isn't my usual read, but I found myself really sucked into the plot and premise of the story. It was hard hitting and really made me think. Madness So Discreet, a gift from my bestie, was right up my alley. It was creepy and gripping. I loved the characters no matter how flawed and strange they were.

How was your month of reading?! Whether it was one book or ten books, I would love to know what you are reading. Have you read any of these books? Let's talk about them down below.

*Please note, this post is not recommended for mobile viewing due to formatting. I am sorry for any inconvenience.
**This post may contain thoughts on books that I have read complimentary of NetGalley.com or directly from publishers. All opinions and reviews are my own. Books were requested in an exchange for an honest review. No reviews are sponsored or solicited by the company, publisher, or author.

No comments