Podcast Talk - Armchair Expert with Dax Shephard

Hello, my darlings! I love reading and I love listening to audiobooks and music; however, with the exception of Serial, podcasts have never been my thing. I simply fall off the wagon or I never go back to listen anymore. So I challenged myself to find a few podcasts that I thought sounded appealing and give them a try.

Armchair Expert Review


Today, we are going to talk about one of the ones I tried. I am still looking for others to try as well, so stay tuned until the end of the post to find out how you can help me make this into a series on my blog.

Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard is literally what the title says. Dax Shephard sits down and talks with people. Here is what he has to say about it:


Hi, I’m Dax Shepard, and I love talking to people. I am endlessly fascinated by the messiness of being human, and I find people who are vulnerable and honest about their struggles and shortcomings to be incredibly sexy. I invite you to join me as I explore other people’s stories. We will celebrate, above all, the challenges and setbacks that ultimately lead to growth and betterment.
Being someone that has always been fascinating by the ins and outs of why people make the decisions they do, I was intrigued to listen for myself. Here are my thoughts on the first episode.

Dax Shepherd and Kristen Bell have been couple inspiration for me for a long time. I am not even sure I have ever told anyone that; however, there was a video of Kristen talking about their fighting and how they worked together to fight better and more constructively. That is when I was hooked. So while scrolling through Podcasts for someone else, I knew I had to give this a listen for myself. The first full episode is Dax interviewing Kristen, and my heart just exploded. They really dig in and talk about their relationship and the things they like about each other. No, they aren't doing this to give people relationship advice, but I took a lot out of it. Here are a few things I learned:

-Approach the situation backward. Start with where you would like the situation to end and think of the best way to get to that outcome. If you are like me, you want a positive outcome. It gave me some food for thought.
-A comparison does nothing but robs us of our own joy and happiness. Kristen uses the example of another actress getting a part she was trying for and honestly feeling joy for that person knowing that it wasn't a reflection of her being less than.
-It is okay to fight and disagree with each other. It is even more healthy for your relationship when you can be honest and resolve issues together in a positive way.

Please keep in mind I only listened to one episode of this podcast, but I look forward to continuing one with it soon. Like I mentioned, I love understanding other people and learning more about humans in general. Dax Shephard has always been comical to me and I truly enjoyed that he started with his wife. Overall, I felt that it was a well-rounded episode with some funny moments, some moments of learning, and a good length as well.

Would you like to see more blogs like this in the future? If so, leave some of your favorite podcasts and recommendation down below. Until next time my friends!

No comments