Book Review: Wicked Lovely


What do you do when you just finished the emotionally packed Divergent trilogy? If you said throw yourself into another series, you are precisely right!

Usually I take a day or two after something that traumatic to repair my heart. This time I just wanted to forget I had suffered trauma at the hands of a hardback.

What I didn't realize is that I would become so engrossed in the next book that I would spend most of my days on vacation reading it. This book was mentioned to me by +Mary Ann and +Hunter. I had already purchased these a while ago, but I am forever grateful for their insistence that I read them.




Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr is the first novel in the series. The story is centered around fairies and the rare humans that have "the sight". As the different courts are in upheaval, one king is setting his eyes on the human he wishes to become his queen. What happens when she does not have the desire to be his, unlike so many before her? Will her mortal life be changed forever? How about the lives of the ones she holds dear? If he is not successful in winning her acceptance, what will happen to the fey under his rule?

With an ending you will never see coming, this book is a must read for anyone who loves the fantasy world and all the tales it holds dear. I gave it a 5 out of 5 stars. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series.

No comments