March Favorites 2014

These are a few of my favorite things...

Beauty 

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser w/ Red Clay

I received a sample size of this in my first Ipsy bag in February. I am in absolute love with the cleanser. It really helps get my face squeaky clean (literally). I am excited to try other products by this brand. I do notice that it is a bit drying on the skin. I would make sure to follow up with a moisturizer.

Not Your Mother's: Way to Grow Shampoo / Not Your Mother's: Way to Grow Conditioner

I am now on my second set of these and I love love love it!! It really gets my hair clean without leaving it striped. My hair is so lightweight after each use. I have a very sensitive scalp, so to try this on a whim with such good results, I am pleased. I have noticed some growth, but time will tell if it helps with growth any more than usual.

Nail Tek II: Intensive Therapy

This base coat is intended for daily use on thin, brittle, weak, and flimsy nails. I have now been using it for a few months. I have maybe a fourth of the bottle left. I have seen a dramatic improvement in my overall nail health. I still have the occasional break, but I have never been able to grow my nails out  and keep them long for any length of time before now. My nails are a lot stronger as well. I have tried similar products previously with no results. The polish claims to help with peeling; however, this is the only thing that I do not see an improvement on. With that being said, I would still recommend this product and I will be repurchasing.

Zoya Dream

Dream is a gorgeous blue jelly polish with tons of shard holographic glitter. With blue being my favorite nail polish color, I have seen it all. This is very unique and so lovely. I have used this several times this month. It even went on vacation with me. The formula is dreamy and easy to work with. I use two or three coats depending on the depth I want within the polish. This glitter polish was not terrible to remove either.

Face Secrets Cotton Rounds

These were bought on a whim to use for polish removal. Typically I use four to five cotton balls per manicure for removal. With these I can remove all of my polish with one round. Yes I said one round. The pad is easy to saturate and does not break apart as easily as cotton balls.

Onyx Professional Remover

With this acetone formula, polish removal is quick and easy. My bottle is lavender scented. I am not wild about the smell; however, it does conceal the traditional remover smell. Cleanup around nails and cuticles is so much easier with this versus the non-acetone nail polish remover I have used in the past. Since acetone can be drying, I mix 1/3 acetone and 2/3 non-acetone remover for creme or easy to remove polish and always follow up with cuticle oil and a good moisturizer.

Crafting


Tape Works Washi Tape - Teal / Tape Works Washi Tape - Green

Teal Chevron washi tape... What more do you need? That's right, the same pattern in green! I have been loving using these on all sorts of projects. I was able to find this at my local Walmart.

Books

Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

A constant emotional roller coaster ride. I was wishing for more with Allegiant, but I love Divergent and Insurgent. If you are a fan of dystopia fiction, stop reading this and go to the book store. This series is taking the world by storm. I will be reading more from this author as she continues her career in writing.

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

You know that one book that you can never put down? Yep this is it for me. I had to be forced to put this book down and leave the hotel while on vacation. The story is well written and flows freely. I do not read many fairy related books, but this one is outstanding. I am looking forward to the other four in the series.

Food/Drink

Twistos Baked Snack Bites

With three flavor options at my local store, I just had to try them (Bruschetta, Parmesan and Garlic, and Asiago). Each flavor had a unique taste to it. I love the crisp of these as well. I found myself grabbing for these over my usual potato chip snacks. The asiago is my personal favorite.

Starbucks Refreshers


I have tried the Strawberry Lemonade and Orange Melon. The later of the two is my favorite so far. The taste is good. I try to stay away from energy drinks due to the crash, with these, I don't have that issue.

YouTube

Vintageortacky

I love her style!! She has amazing beauty tutorials and reviews. When she loves a product enough to buy a duplicate for her kit lets you know it is a product worth trying. I love that she is not afraid of color and doing something bold!

Eleventhgorgeous

Alabama love!!! They do amazing reviews, tutorials, and unboxings. With a focus in drugstore beauty products, they are able to find good products that are available to everyone. Not to mention that they are comical!!

Young Wild and Polished

For the love of all things polish!! This is my one stop shop for beauty, nails, and laughter. Just a few moments of her bloopers at the end of her videos and I have tears from laughing so hard.


No comments