Maybelline #VividMatte Review - Influenster

Hello my lovelies! Today we are reviewing a product thanks to the lovely people over at Influenster. Are you an Influenster? If not, I don't know what you are waiting on, but if you will stick around, I will leave a link for you to sign up at the end of this blog. Being part of the #VividMatte VoxBox, I had the opportunity to try two  shades from the new Vivid Matte Liquids from Maybelline, so let's get started!

Maybelline Vivd Matte Review



You must be wondering what Influenster is. Influenster is a website and community where you can find reviews, ask questions, and talk to others about products that you love or hate. While you keep your information updated and do the occasional questions in your snaps, you become illegible for their VoxBoxes based on your interests. It is a wonderful way to connect and try new products. Now on to the review.

Influenster sent me two shades to try. I will link to each one and include pictures below. I received Nude Flush and Rebel Road. Overall, the product itself is velvety and easy to apply. As someone without much experience with matte lipsticks, I was looking forward to trying these out.

Vivid Matte Nude Flush and Rebel Road Swatches
Nude Flush (Left) and Rebel Road (Right)

Pros:
-Pigmentation
-Color Range
-Price Range (Starting around $6.25)
-Easy of Application
-Multiple Ways to Wear

Cons:
-Strong Scent (Especially if you are not used to wearing lipstick)
-Wear Time
-Color Compromise for Matte Finish

As you can tell from my lists, there are more pros than cons. For the price range of this product, I was happy with the way they preformed. Like the pictures above shows, there are two ways to wear the color. With one thin coat (or blotting for those with a heavy hand) you can achieve a more matte finish; however, if you layer two coats it has a creamier velvet finish to the product. Having wore them both ways, I do not find either to be drying or flaky like some other liquid lipsticks. My lips actually felt better after using these for several days a week.

With out without lip liner, I did not have any issues with feathering, bleeding, or smearing. Wear time for these liquid lipsticks is anywhere from 1 to 3 hours depending on how much you eat and drink during that time. Application is easy with or without a mirror, which I personally like. I am terrible at not carrying a mirror on me. I find myself reaching for these more and more with multiple ways to wear them. With time, I did adjust to the heavy scent (chemically flowers).

Nude Flush quickly became my outstanding favorite among the two shades I tried. This is the first nude shade that I have liked the way it looks with my pale complexion. I am looking forward to picking up a few more shades like Fuchsia Ecstasy and Vivid Violet. What colors from this line would you like to try for yourself? Are there any shades you think should be added?

To become an Influenster, visit this link to sign up for free!

No comments