My Halloween Costume Ideas

Whether you are attending going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party or just trick-or-treating, costumes are on the top of the list! Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I always struggle with picking the perfect costume. So today, I would like to share with you a few ideas that I would love to do.




Belle - For those that know me, they all know that I am most like Belle. Belle is actually my nickname with my fiance. I love the idea of going as peasant Belle and Beast while we are dating/engaged, then upgraded to Prince Adam and Belle after we are married.


Sally - I have always wanted to be Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. It is one of my favorite movies of all time. Sally will always have a special place in my heart.


Corpse Bride - I love this couple idea. It is different and something that isn't as common as well.


Steampunk Seamstress - In my early twenties I became fascinated with steampunk things: cogs, gears, the costumes. This just speaks to that area of myself. VintageorTacky does an amazing job with this tutorial, as well of her Halloween series each year. I love seeing a plus size option for costumes.


Ms. Frizzle - The Magic School Bus was a huge favorite of mine as a kid, so there is not doubt that I would love to be Ms. Frizzle sometime. Plus who wouldn't love her space themed dress?!


Steampunk Doll - I know this is only makeup, but I love the idea of a chipped away china doll, something imperfect and broken.


Voodoo Girl - Tim Burton, if you can't already tell, has a special place in my heart. His Voodoo Girl (which you can read at that link) was rung true for me as I was younger and I related to that feeling. I also just think it is a very unique costume idea as well.


Jessica Rabbit - Growing up, I would watch this movie a lot, and during my red hair days, going as Jessica Rabbit seemed like an amazing idea. Now that I have more body confidence, maybe I could get the nerve to do it.


What are some of the costume ideas you have for this year? I love seeing everyone's ideas and costumes. Stay tuned for more Halloween related posts.

No comments