Coming Soon in November

Halloween is just a few days away, and November is just around the corner! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by this year. Before we know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be over as well. Today, I want to talk about what you can expect to see in November




This year, I decided to revisit something that I did last year: Thankful Thursday. (I will be sure to link all of the posts from last year down below.) For those who are new, last year, each Thursday in November, I would post a verse about thankfulness and list the things in which I was currently thankful for. I went into the project last year with a sense of dread. I didn't know how I was going to come up with so many posts of thankfulness without sounding conceded or full of myself; however, I walked away with a new respect for many things in my life.

As someone how battles with mental illness, it is easy to get in a rut. It is often easy to see the glass half empty, the world without sunshine, and your life without purpose or meaning. Thankful Thursday is a great reminder of all the wonderful things that I have in my life. I cannot promise that there will not be in over lapping from last year, but I will try to put a new spin on anything that is repeated.

I would love to invite you to join me in this journey during the month of November. You would be surprised what you can see when you open yourself and your heart to gratitude. If doing this challenge publicly isn't something you are interested, I have a few other options for you:

Bullet Journaling (You can learn more about that Here and Here) - There is a wide community of people that use their bullet journals for gratitude logs. I, myself, do this daily. I know jumping into a bullet journal can be intimidating; however, here is my advice: start where you are with what you have. You can always get a different journal later, start decorating, and even add to its contents as you go along.

Happier - A social platform to sure what is making your happier in life. Anything from gratitude, learning process, and just simple joys in life. I have been using this app for well over a year now and really enjoy it. It is such an uplifting community that supports positivity in your every day life. There are also course for wellness, meditation, and learning as well.

Gratitude Journal 365 ($1.99 app purchase) - While researching gratitude logs, this was an app I ran across that caught my attention. Each day you log one thing that you are thankful for. You can also include a picture. The app can be used for anything, including just tracking your progress on a specific thing like weight loss goals.

Here are the links to my Thankful Thursday from last year: 11-5-2015, 11-12-2015, 11-19-2015, 11-26-2015

No comments