Finding the Positive in Today

Hello, my lovelies! Today has been a doozy of a day. With so much negativity in the world, it is sometimes hard to see the positive things, especially when they are small little moments throughout your day. I wanted to share a few of my positive moments from my day/week. I hope that you can find the little things in your day that make you smile through anything trying to bring you down.



This may be spare of the moment, but The Girl from Alabama inspired me to share this. You can read her post here.

1. My Best Friend - If you read her post, you may think this one is cheating. It is sorta the same as hers and playing off of hers. As we faced some dark negativity today, we banded together and worked through our feelings together. There are some days that looking back I know I would not have come out on the other side of without her. Not only is she the person I can run to with tough times, she is also the person I can be most open with. I can share any part of my day, no matter the detail.

2. Unnamed Child - This child has touched my heart in many ways. They have helped me to see myself through the lens of a child and how I care for my children. I may not physically be there right now, but I am there for my children emotionally. This child has helped me to see how I can improve and continue to support them.

3. Devotionals - The more I read my Bible, the more it impacts my heart. I may not always understand everything I read; however, studying with First 5 really helps me to see more depth to the passages I read each morning. My faith has become a place for me to rest knowing that no matter what is going on, I can come before God and let him carry my burdens.

4. Dylan - He isn't going to like being so far down on this list, but he really isn't going to like the reason for being on here. (The incident I am talking about happened a few days ago, but I have been reflecting on it today.) He reminds me of my father, who passed away two years ago. I think that sometimes he sees this as a negative; however, even when it makes me cry, I still cherish those moments. I love the reminder of my father in the small ways that he brings memories back to me. Knowing that he knew my father personally for years, means more to me than I can ever put into words.

5. Lularoe Leggings - Yesterday I received an unexpected gift in the mail, my first pair of Lularoe leggings from a dear friend. It isn't just the leggings, it is the meaning behind them and the sacrifice that I know went into getting them for me. It is truly a blessing to know you have friends in your life willing to surprise you even when they are facing hard times as well.

6. Hilarious Comments - I won't share the post, but I found a post related to Hurricane Irma and the men, in particular, helping clean up. The comments on this post had me laughing so hard I was crying. Sometimes when you face negativity, you need something that makes you laugh so hard that you forget all the bad things. I have even saved this post to go back to when I need I bit of sunshine in my day.

I hope that you enjoyed my little bits of positivity on such a negative day. What are some of the highlights from your day? What is something that is sure to make you smile no matter what is going on?

No comments