Maple Holistics Tea Tree Oil Shampoo - Review

Hello, my lovelies! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind for me, but one thing that isn't is my hair. Taking time to keep my hair looking healthy and strong is something I have invested in. Today, I want to talk about a new product I have been using.



Maple Holistics has been working since 2001 to provide a natural, holistic line of hygiene and health products with trusted ingredients you can trust. They take pride in providing all natural, cruelty-free, sulfate free, and made in the USA products to their customs. So when I had the chance to try one of their shampoos, I was really excited. Although this product was sent to me for free for review, all views and opinions are my own.

First, let's talk a little bit about my hair. I have really fine, easily tangled hair. My scalp has a mind of its own and is very sensitive to products. I usually go through a bottle of shampoo just to move on to anyone. I feel like I am always in search for the perfect solution. My scalp is easily irritated and often itches. My hair is also naturally greasy.

I tried the Tea Tree Oil Shampoo with a very skeptical mind. I have tried other tea tree oil products with little results, a burning scalp, and hair so dry and tangled I couldn't get a brush through it. So at the beginning of September, I set out to give it a fair shot, washing my hair on average about every three days. The directions do say to leave it on for 2-3 minutes before rinsing. I followed those directions, and I didn't on other occasions to see if it made a difference. This shampoo claims to improve the overall health of your hair while promoting hair growth.

Here is what I liked about the product:

  • -Rinses clean
  • -Mild tingling 
  • -Non dulling

The first thing I really appreciated was the fact that it rinses clean with cold water. I prefer cold water rinsing because it makes my hair shinier. I did experience a mild tingling; however, it was nothing compared to the burning I have experienced with other tea tree products. As I mentioned earlier, I like for my hair to have a shine to it. I am naturally gray and some shampoos can leave it dull and lackluster. I didn't find that to be the case with this shampoo. I kept the shine for several days.

Here are the things I was skeptical about:

  • -Herbal scent
  • -Tangling
  • -Cleaning power

When I first opened the bottle, the scent was more herbally than I was expecting. As I was washing it, the scent seemed very strong, almost to the point of being overpowering for me; however, it didn't bother me as much after a few uses. I did experience that the smell lingered in my hair longer than other shampoos as well. Previously with similar products, I would experience a serious amount of tangling with my fine hair, but I didn't find it to be the case this time. My hair was easily brushed through while wet. I wanted to really test the cleaning power and let my hair get greasy of the course of several days. This shampoo was able to handle the amount of oils like a champ. I do find that leaving it on the recommended amount of time increases the longevity of my hair, keeping it from getting greasy as quickly.

Overall thoughts, I really enjoyed getting to use this shampoo and I can see myself returning to it time and again. I was surprised with how well it performed and how long the bottle is lasting. Maple Holistics also has a free sample program that I would highly recommend trying out. I cannot wait to try more of their products in the future.  What product are you excited to try out with their program? I would love to know in the comments believe. If there are other products you would like for me to try, let me know!

No comments