Thankful Thursday Week Five

Hey everyone! It is the last week in November and also the last Thankful Thursday post for the year. A month full of gratitude and reflection is the perfect way to usher in the new holiday season full of joy and laughter and Christmas cheer! Are you ready?!



Thankful Thursday's were started by my lovely best friend Hunter from The Girl From Alabama. It has been several years in the running for me, but this year I wanted to change things up a little bit. Each week, I will bring you one thankful thing from five different topics. Some are self-explanatory like food, a moment from the week, and a quote; however, I also want to include something for faith (which could be anything from a verse, something I learned, or a moment shared with others) and an overall general topic that anything can fall into. I look forward to sharing these things with you each week and encourage you to do the same!

General
Books and reading. Books have always been a way for me to escape the world; however, this year I feel like books have taught me more about the world. Whether it is fiction or nonfiction, I truly believe that you can learn from a book as long as you are reading. My most recent read has really impacted my heart.

Moment of the week
The pure joy and happiness of one of my little ones getting to ride her favorite ride at Disney while visiting with our dear friends. She lights up every time she rides this ride and it puts the biggest smile on my face. It is a reminder to enjoy the little things in life, even if those things are tiny shells stuck in concrete magic.

Food
Not the healthiest pick, but Wild Berry and Tropical Skittles mashups. Two flavor sets, one bag and a lot of flavors. This has been my emotional reading snack as I finish up an emotionally hard-hitting book.

Faith
This week I had a moment of fellowship with another believer that just warmed my heart. As we stood around sharing our stories, I was touched by how humbled she was of all that her faith had brought her through. It was a great reminder that fellowship is important, sharing our stories is important, and most importantly, there is nothing that God will bring each of us to that we cannot get through.

Quote
No matter how many times she was told she was loved, there was no recognition that the proof was in the abandonment. - The Book Thief

No comments