Thankful Thursday Week One

Hello, lovelies! Can you believe we are already into November?! The year is almost to an end. If you are new around here, welcome! I hope that you stick around. For those of you who have been here for a while, you will know my long-standing Thankful Thursday, when I post each Thursday during the month of November with things I am thankful for. So let's get started!



Thankful Thursday's were started by my lovely best friend Hunter from The Girl From Alabama. It has been several years in the running for me, but this year I wanted to change things up a little bit. Each week, I will bring you one thankful thing from five different topics. Some are self-explanatory like food, a moment from the week, and a quote; however, I also want to include something for faith (which could be anything from a verse, something I learned, or a moment shared with others) and an overall general topic that anything can fall into. I look forward to sharing these things with you each week and encourage you to do the same!

General
I know that I mention this every year, but it is worth mentioning again. I am very thankful for my faith in Jesus Christ. Over the past year, I have really grown in my faith. As I work towards reading all of the Bible, I am starting to be able to string bits together and how they relate to the overarching principles. With the addition of a faith-centered section in my planner, I am more focused on my time with God each day. I cannot put into words what my faith means to me and just how thankful I am for it; however, I can say that without my faith, I do not have a clue where I would be right now.

Moment from the week
While watching Louise from The BigHaired Bookworm's first vlog for November, she decided to pick up a blind date with a book. Based on the descriptions on the paper, I just knew which book it was; however, I couldn't help but squeal when she opened it. You will have to watch her video to see what it is, but it is one of my favorite books that I have read this year. A truly delightful read.

Food
Fries... I know that this is a terrible thing to be thankful for, but sometimes you just crave something until you treat yourself. Potatoes are my favorite vegetable and fries just speak to my soul. After a few trying days, weeks, what seems like months now, I have started to take more pleasure in smaller things, food being one of them.

Faith
A more recent addition, but my nightly time with Dylan talking about our Bible time from the day. It is our time to share what we have been studying and how it speaks to us. One of the things from my devotionals this week that has really stuck with me is John 14:27:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Quote 
"If perfectionism tries to ruin the fun, you tell it to get lost." - Cori Spieker
This was something Cori over at The Reset Girl said during her latest Late Night Crafty Club and I latched onto it. This time of year especially, when craftiness is in full swing, I often let my need for things to be perfect take over the enjoyment I get when I create.

I hope that you enjoyed week one and come back again for the following weeks. What is something that you are thankful for this week?

No comments