Thankful Thursday Week Two

Hello, my darlings! It has been another week, and it feels like it has flown by. Overall, it has been a good week. I hope that you have had a magnificent week. I am here with you to share with you some of the things I have been grateful for this weekend. If you haven't taken some time to look back at last weeks post as well. Let's get started!



Thankful Thursday's were started by my lovely best friend Hunter from The Girl From Alabama. It has been several years in the running for me, but this year I wanted to change things up a little bit. Each week, I will bring you one thankful thing from five different topics. Some are self-explanatory like food, a moment from the week, and a quote; however, I also want to include something for faith (which could be anything from a verse, something I learned, or a moment shared with others) and an overall general topic that anything can fall into. I look forward to sharing these things with you each week and encourage you to do the same!

General
I am thankful for my relationship with Dylan. We are a work in progress and we aren't afraid to admit that; however, we love one another and we are dedicated to working through what life throws our way. Spending time together is something we will enjoy and it never gets old. Even when our days are boring and we don't have anything new to share, we find a way to make each other laugh and smile. It is something I have always dreamed of, a love like my grandparents had that we can share with the world. We aren't just writing a love story, we are building a lasting relationship.

Moment of the Week
Singing Christmas music with Sevvy,  my friend Chris's son. It made my heart soar to just let loose and sing. I didn't have to worry about it being perfect or sounding the best because he was the star of the show anyway. You could tell he had been listening to it over and over again. It was truly the most precious thing ever.

Food
Authentic Tacos! This past week my mom came down for a visit are we were able to visit our favorite place, the local taco truck. The flavors are simple, but they are done well. I love that the corn tortillas are handmade and it is well worth the money (although it isn't expensive at all). I have tried a wide range of their menu and love it! Bonding over food is some of the best bonding.

Faith
This week I have been reading through Titus and starting on James. It has really opened my eyes on my perspective of circumstances and the characteristics I want to have in life. For weeks now God has been speaking to me about trusting fully in Him, and to humble myself before Him. This weeks Bible reading really stressed the importance of being humble which truly helped me on my journey. One of the songs that spoke to me is Through All of It by Colton Dixon.

Quote
Mere knowledge is the accumulation of information, but true wisdom is the discernment needed to apply such knowledge in real-life situations.

No comments