Thankful Thursday Week Three

Hello, my darlings! Can you believe we are already one week until Thanksgiving?! I am blown away by how quickly the month is going. Who am I kidding, the whole year has been this way! I hope you are ready for another week of thankfulness. I would love to hear some of the things you are thankful for down below! Let's get started! 

Thankful



Thankful Thursday's were started by my lovely best friend Hunter from The Girl From Alabama. It has been several years in the running for me, but this year I wanted to change things up a little bit. Each week, I will bring you one thankful thing from five different topics. Some are self-explanatory like food, a moment from the week, and a quote; however, I also want to include something for faith (which could be anything from a verse, something I learned, or a moment shared with others) and an overall general topic that anything can fall into. I look forward to sharing these things with you each week and encourage you to do the same!

General
There are days when I have taken more than I can handle. Those are the days I need to just decompress, ramble, and just laugh. I am so thankful and bless beyond belief to have the group of friends that I have, but there are two that have been pulling nights with me. One is the ever famous Hunter, from The Girl From Alabama. I have no idea where I would be without her. For years now she has been my strength, my best friend, my inspiration. She is everything you need in a best friend and more. The second is someone I don't talk about enough, Ridge. She is rough around the edges, but she is honest and true to herself. When she graces you with her presence you know you have someone in your court no matter what life throws at you. She will always be my Nighttime.

Moment of the week
Pain is something I rarely complain about. I may mention it, but I try not to dwell on it. This week I have had some of the worst pain in my life; however, Vin was there during one of the worst nights to stay with me and calm me enough to sleep. Maybe not so much a moment, but having him there really helped me to feel better.

Food
More of a drink, but Cranberry Sprite. It is that time of year again and I am over the moon about it. I look forward to having these all the time. My dad bought me my first one by mistake when they first came out and I have been hooked since.

Faith
During my study of James 4 this week, this quote stood out to me from my First 5 teaching:
A controlled fire can heat our food and warm our homes, but an out-of-control fire can destroy everything in its path. In the same way, the impact of our words will either build up or tear down.
Luke 6:45 talks about what is stored in our hearts is what will come out of our mouths. It was a wonderful reminder for me to turn inward and evaluate my heart and my intentions, especially before speaking to others. It has been important to me this year to live intentionally and to make sure that when I speak it is from a place of love, not a place of anger, fear, or any other negative emotions.

Quote
The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself

No comments