International Women's Day

Hello, darlings! Today is International Women's Day! I have been blessed with so many amazing women in my life, but today I wanted to take the time to talk about my best friend, Hunter.



There is something to be said about a strongly bonded friendship. One that encourages you, enlightens you, challenges you, and stays true even as things around you change. Finding that bond isn't always easy, especially between women; however, I am so blessed to say that I have found mine.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each one of us has cause to think deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. - Unknown

I could say a million things about her, her character, our friendship, etc. But today I am just going to list some reasons why I am thankful for her, encouraged by her, and love her dearly.

  • She is a very determined person.
  • Crushing goals is something she excels in, even if she doesn't see it herself.
  • I never have to hesitate to ask her to stop and pray for me. I know anytime I ask, big or small, she stops and prays for me.
  • Sweet tea, Alabama football, and Chick Fil A is a way of life for her. This is just part of her quirky charm.
  • Running is her passion and she always returns back to it. I am so pride of all the miles she has run and the medals she has achieved.
  • She encourages me to chase after God with all I have.
  • We share our own kind of craziness that many people don't understand, but that's okay.
  • She isn't afraid to try new things, experience new things, and strive to create new things.
  • Her outlook and perspective are unique. 
  • No matter our differences, she supports me and uplifts me.
  • She started a business from the ground up. Even though she has stepped back from it for personal reasons, she is still a partner and still helps it flourish.
  • Intimidation and fear does not stop her when she is determined to do something or learn new things.
  • She donates, promotes, and supports many amazing charities and non-profit organizations.
  • We share little things from our day and hold each other accountable.
  • Her compassion shines through in everything she does.
  • Being a mother is something she takes pride in and never stops learning how to be the best parent she can be for each of her children.
  • No one knows Disney like she does. From the ins and outs, the parks, the movies, trivia, and anything else Disney, she is the best.
  • She often knows my thoughts and emotions even when I cannot articulate them clearly.
  • Learning is something that she continuously strives towards.
  • Her sense of humor is one of a kind and she never fails to make me laugh.
  • Even in the depths of my depression, she isn't afraid to crawl in there with me. 
  • We share our love of planners with each other, she started it!
  • She plots to take over the world with me. Okay, maybe not the world, put little areas of things within our lives.
  • She is never afraid to start over or change things when something isn't working for her. 
  • The capacity of her heart to love is never-ending.

 This month we have celebrated five years of friendship and we are only getting started on our adventures together. I cannot wait to take over the world with her. If you would like to see more about her, you can visit her blog The Girl From Alabama. Who is a woman in your life that has changed your life for the better?

No comments