All The Books I Just Couldn't Resist

Have you ever found yourself online and the book prices are just too good to miss? That is exactly what happened to me. So in this post I am going to list all of the books I received from Book Outlet with a special surprise at the end as well. This post does not include all of the books I purchased for my Kindle as well. We would be here forever if that were the case.

Book Outlet Haul



How it works: Book Outlet is a site (and a store in Ontario) that carries new books for cheaper prices (usually 50-90% off) due to being returns or excess inventory. They are usually marked on the bottom with a dot or line by the publisher who then sells them to Book Outlet. There are three types marked on the shipment B, A and S (Bargain Book Version, Autographed Version, Scratch & Dent Version).

All of the books bought from Book Outlet were less than $2 each. When checking out they calculate your savings as well. I saved close to $150 for buying these 13 books through them. WOW! For each book I will tell you about the condition of the book and link to their Goodreads description.

Bargain Books

Book Outlet Haul

Far Far Away by Tom McNeal (Hardback) is in very good condition. Like mentioned there is a dot on the bottom of the book; however, that doesn't bother me at all. The dust jacket is clear and is scuffed a decent amount, but for the price I can't complain.

Sphinx's Princes (Spinx's Princess #1) by Esther Friesner with the same dot as the previous book it is otherwise in wonderful condition. There is some discoloration on the edges of the first hundred or so pages, but nothing inside.

Who Needs Magic? (Magic #2) by Kathy McCullough (Hardback) just the small dot on this one. Everything else, including the dust jacket, is in wonderful shape. This was on that I didn't check to make sure it wasn't in a series and wish I would have.

The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell is in perfect condition! The dot is barely noticeable on this one.

Island Apart by Steven Raichlen this paperback is flawless, there isn't even a mark on the bottom of the book. It is the biggest (height and width) I have ever seen.

Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout except for darkening on the edges, this book doesn't have a mark on it. I love the smooth texture of the cover. It is different.

Scratch & Dent Books

Book Outlet Haul

I Can't Keep My Own Secrets by Various Authors as you can see in the picture above, the side of the cover is a bit of damage and there is a mark on the bottom. It was mostly just a curiosity buy for me.

Through to You by Emily Hainsworth has a mark on the bottom as the only flaw for this book

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer scuffed and marked on the bottom, yet it will be right at home with the other book I have in this series since it is used as well.

The Time-Travelng Fashionista and Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile (Time-Traveling Fashionista #3) by Bianca Turetsky (hardback) was purchsed as a fun read, but it is one of the most damaged. The dust jacket is torn at the top of the spine. Good news is, the hard cover and the inside are not damaged.

Beach Plum Island by Holly Robinson there is the mark on bottom, but the worst part is there is two pages that a pice is torn out of the top. One of which interfers with the first few lines. I am still happy with the purchase though.

And Then I Found You by Patti Callahan Henry no marks and a little discoloration makes for another presiten condition. This cover also has a weird texture to it. More like sandy without being gritty if that makes sense.

Book Outlet Haul

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDaniel - Is getting a picture by itself because it was marked a Scratch & Dent; however, when I opened the cover, it is also autographed!!! There is one bent/torn at the top page and a dot on the bottom, but I can't complain with a signature inside!!!

My Surprise!!!
Magnetic Bookmarks
Infernal Devices Bookmarks by HappyHelloCo 
These booksmarks are currently sold out so I have linked the Etsy shop. I was so excited to get my hands on these. The shop owner does them in batches, and the sell out fast. There were fifteen sets when I purchased them and they did not last 24 hours. You have to either monitor the shop or her social media pages in order to snag them. The quality and detail are beautiful. This is my first time ordering so I cannot attest to how well they hold up. I am almost afraid to use them out of fear.

Ahhh the smell of new books.

Am I the only one that smells and feels their books? Comment down below the new books that you have received lately or if you know the characters in the bookmarks above. Now it is time to do some reading!!!

No comments