Beauty Review - Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel

Hello my lovelies!!! I am here to share a new(ish) product with you and give a review. I am by no means a nail artist. I often color outside the lines and am left when a mess to clean up. I often find myself wondering why I even bother when it chips, sometimes in full sheets, within the first 24 hours of applying. Would you like all the beauty and durability of a gel manicure without all time curing and waiting? Wet N Wild just may have come up with a solution for that problem. Let's dig into my thoughts on the 1 Step Wonder Gel.

Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel

I was first introduced to this polish by Leighannsays on her YouTube channel. Having never tried a Wet N Wild polish, I thought I would give it a go. For $4.99, I wasn't expecting amazing results. Previously I have paid upwards of $10 and more just for one step in a gel manicure set from Sally's, so for me this would pay off big time. I started out with one shade and ended up returning for a darker one to test out for you guys as well. First lets start out with the polishes and anything else I used on my nails for the manicure:

Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel
Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel in It's Sher-Bert Day and Pretty Pease
NCLA Cuticle Oil, Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat, and INM OutTheDoor Top Coat
I start with a base coat of Pink Gel Coat from Perfect Formula. This is a new base coat I am trying out thanks to Ipsy. (I have previously used both polishes without a base coat with similar results.) Then I use three coats of the 1 Step Wonder Gel polish followed by on coat of INM OutTheDoor top coat for a little added shine as pictured:

Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel It's Sher-Bert Day
It's Sher-Bert Day Clockwise: First Coat, Second Coat, Third Coat, Top Coat
Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Pretty Peas
Pretty Peas Clockwise: First Coat, Second Coat, Third Coat, Top Coat

Now to share my pros and cons with you on this line of polish:

Pros:
-Lasting Power
-Less Chipping (Versus regular polish)
-Price ($4.99 is low for a polish in my opinion)
-Easy to remove (I removed it with nail polish remover, acetone, and a soak off polish remover, all with ease)

Cons:
-Drying time (When using multiple coats it sometimes takes a little longer to dry)
-Number of coats needed to not be streaky
-Discoloration (More on this below)
-Can show ridges if not using multiple/thick coats

Overall, I really like this polish. For the price, I am willing to take the extra time to do multiple coats if it will last for more than 24-48 hours. Pretty Peas did show some slight discoloration after a about 32 hours of being on the nails. I cannot say if that was due to something I came into contact with or just the polish itself. The discoloration was not very noticeable and I liked that it gave it a water colored look. With a range of 18 shades, there is room for more colors; however, I am satisfied with the colors available (see the link above). I would love to see them introduce more colors, particularly some vibrant/neon shades and a few more vampy colors for fall and winter months.

I hope that you enjoyed this look into this beauty find. What other polish lines have you had success with yourself? I love discovering new polishes. Let me know down below if you have tried any of the other shades or what shades you would like to see them release next. I hope you all have a lovely week! See you again soon!

No comments