Thankful Thursday - Week One

Hello my dearies, welcome to week one of Thankful Thursday. If you are new here, you can refer to this blog for details on Thankful Thursday. To jump start this series of blogs, I want to challenge you to keep a list of things that you are thankful for throughout this month. Gratitude is proven to uplift spirits and improve moods, especially when practiced over time. Let's get started!




"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11


1. My Faith - Just like the verse says, God knows his path for me. I may not always understand that path, nor do I sometimes like it; however, this year has really been a year for spiritual growth and accomplishments. Each day, I become more and more grateful for my time spent in His Word and His understanding. The guidance He provides in my life is key to whether I have a good or a bad day. My thankfulness is never ending, and each day I remember to thank Him for all the blessings that he has placed in my life.

2. Never Being Alone - Earlier this year, I found myself living on my own for the first time in my life. Prior to my father passing away, there really wasn't even a time when I would stay overnight alone. Some people would think this is strange; however, I have come to appreciate it more and more over time. My wonderful daughter, Bailey, reminded me this week that I am not alone. That I have angels surrounding me. "I pray angels surround you and keep you safe." My gratitude for my children praying over my safety is immense.

3. Just a few days ago, a situation arrived when a member of my family needed some money. Just a few months ago, money was a touchy subject with the changes in income; however, I have been truly blessed by saving and donating. It makes my heart happy to be able to help and give back. I am not saying these things to brag about my good deeds. I share this thankful thought, because it truly is a blessing to come from a humble place of giving without worry when you know that you will be provided for.

4. Halloween!!! Such a fun night. When I was younger, I was allowed to roam the neighborhood freely; however, that isn't the case anymore. So this year, I repeated what I did last year and sent my children to a fall festival in a small town. This is a festival that was put on by people that I truly trust with my children. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to let them be children and roam around without worry of something happening to them. To see their smiling faces and their joy from all that they gathered was truly a blessing. All while I got to stay in and have a date night with my other half.

5. 9 months (as of the first) - It may not seem like much, but our story extends back for several years. It was by chance that he came back into my life. Something silly on behalf of a friend that wanted to see what would happen. Little did I know, my world was about to flip upside down. Here we are nine months later, and I don't regret the difficult decisions that had to be made. He is such a blessing in my life.

6. RVing - I can't contain my excitement anymore!!! This is something that has been talked about, mulled over, and finally we are preparing. I am beyond blessed to know that next year, we will be starting new adventures in our family and community of friends. We are going to be RVing full time!! ( I will be posting more about this soon.) Many of you are wondering why I am thankful for this. I am blessed by this because it is bringing my family closer together. My children, my friends, and family has all been gathering together to talk about the upcoming trips, ideas, packing, and so much more. It is such a blessing to have something that brings us all together on common ground. The excitement is overflowing. I am so grateful that my children are just as excited about this as we are.

7. Creativity -Being creative isn't something new to my thankful list. According to my Facebook memories, this goes back for years and years. I am truly blessed to be a creative person, whether with my hands, digitally, or with my words. One of the biggest parts of this blessing is sharing it with others and having people that trust me to create freely, like my best friend. She tells me the ideas and just sets me free to let my craftiness take flight. I am blessed to be learning more and more ways to be creative and to share that with other people.

Thankfulness isn't just a season, it is a state of mind to be cultivated. What are some of the things that you are thankful for this week?

No comments