Thankful Thursday - November 12, 2015

It seems just like yesterday; however, a week has passed and it is time for another thankful Thursday. For those who missed my original post, I will link it here, for the month of November, I will be posting once a week of things that I am grateful for. Myself and a few other women in my Bible study group are challenging each other to dig deeper into our lives for things that we are grateful for. I am thankful for so many blessings in my life. Here are a few things that really stuck out to me this week.


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
- 1 Thessalonions 5:18
Something that many parents can relate to, that my children get the care and learning that they need in life, and not just the basics. I know for many it is a luxury to be able to afford health care or private schooling; however, for me it really hit home this week of just how much of a privilege it is for me to be able to provide these things to my children in conjunction with my fiance. This hit home for me this week upon learning about a situation in which a parent was completing their child's homework and returning it for them. It really made me appreciate that I can provide a homeschooling environment that is constructive, educational, and flexible for the needs of each one of my children individually. 

The beginning of this week, Sunday to be exact, marked a milestone for me: finishing my first Bible study. Which brings me to the next item on my list (I have kept a running list throughout the week), fellowship with an amazing group of women. The book of 1 John touches on fellowship and it's important during this Bible study and it really reminded me of just how blessed I am to have that fellowship with women of which inspire me, uplift me, and encourage me every step of the way. In life it is easy to take such things for granted; however, 1 John really brought to light how important it is to not only spend time in His word, but to share that fellowship with others as well. 

When a family goes through difficult times, it is easy to band together in the beginning, but as time passes and life continues, we tend to go on our own paths again. This week I was able to cook a large amount of soup, more than my household could consume even after freezing a portion of it. It warmed my heart to be able to take some of it to my aunt. Just a few months before losing my father, she lost her husband, my uncle. Being able to help her and to share some time with her helps me to feel closer to him. I cannot even put into words how thankful I am for those visits and time with her.

And last but not least, my favorite thankful moment for the week. I am extremely grateful for how God speaks to me and answers my prayers in such  powerful way. My heart was heavy and my mind with flooded with thoughts, doubts, and worries. I did the only thing that I know how, I prayed. I asked for God to reveal to me that what was weighing on me was still right. The following night while watching Dancing With The Stars, my fiance was late in joining me, but it was all part of God's answer to my prayer. Below is the video from the dance had just started. I was blown away by the dance; however, it was the song that spoke to me so much. Each word that was sung moved me to tears. It was the answer to my prayers. To have God speak to me and answer me in such a profound way is so powerful and something that I will always cherish.


I hope that you have enjoyed my moments for the week. What are some of the blessings in your life that mean the most to you? Let's all challenge ourselves to be grateful for more in our lives. Whether it is big or small, just a little thanksgiving goes a long way. I can't wait to be back again next week with another Thankful Thursday. Until then, be grateful, smile more, and be yourself.

No comments