Thankful Thursday - November 26, 2015

For those of us in the US, it is Thanksgiving. I hope that you have had a wonderful day full of family, wonderful food, and blessings galore. That also means the last Thankful Thursday. Can you believe that November is almost over already? The month has flown by. On a day full of blessings and thankfulness, I am glad I get to share it with you. So everyone grab a mug, or even a little dessert, before settling in for my post.



I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;
I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.
-Psalm 7:17

Having a group of friends that encourage you, uplift you, and shape your life for the better is a spectacular thing. This week I was struck with just how blessed I am to have my best friend, Hunter (also known as The Girl From Alabama for those of you who are new here). It is rare to find a true friend that will always be there for you and also be brutally honest with you. Among many other traits that I admire, she is always straight forward and to the point. Conversations with her are one of the things I look forward to each day, even when we have a difference of opinion. I have never met someone quite like her. I am so thankful to have her in my life each and every day. I am going to stop now, because I could go on a lot longer when it comes to her.

This series has been about digging deeper than things on the surface; however, this next favorite is something that will seem unimportant. Dancing With The Stars has become a staple in my household. It is something that we all love to watch and enjoy. For me, this is my bonding time with my fiance, Nathaniel. It is a weekly thing that we look forward to when it is that time of year. It isn't just a show for me. I laugh with them, I cry with them, and I treasure the memories with them. In many ways this show has been dear to my heart. As crazy as it may seem, having Bindi Erwin on the show this year has helped me to grieve and to heal over the loss of my father. I am forever grateful to this show.

Genuine happiness... bouncing in your seat, squealing with excitement, and laughing for no reason at all. It is an emotion that many take for granted. I have taken it for granted, until I no longer had it. For a long time now, I haven't been able to find my happiness. I have been stuck in a dark place that I was struggling to dig myself out of. In ways, I am still in that dark hole; however, I am slowly finding my light and for that I am thankful beyond measure. Just to be overcome with joy to the point nothing can bring you down is a glorious feeling. I thank God for those days, and I pray for many more of them in my future.

I wish that I could list and talk about every single person that touches my life, but we would all be out of dessert and tea (for the whole world) by then. I have been truly blessed with the most amazing group of people in my life. A lesson I have learned over the past year, it is your choice who you let in your life and the kind of life you have in accordance to who is in your life. I am thankful to be surrounded by loving friends and family that are always here for me.

Honorable mentions on the typical list: my health, my senses, food (who isn't thankful for food today?!), a warm blanket, creativity, reading, and so on and so on.

It am rather sad to see this serious come to a close, but who knows what the future might hold and how I can use these types of posts in the future. I hope that everyone has been as blessed and thankful throughout this time with all of you. Sharing this with my Bible study group has brought as closer together. As we wrap up Thanksgiving and start to bring out the Christmas cheer, what are your favorite memories from this month? Stay tuned for more fun and sharing as Christmas draws ever closer. With Christmas just around the corner, what you are most looking forward to? I hope that you have started your Christmas lists and that you are blessed by the holiday spirit around you.

No comments