Most Anticipated Books of 2017

Hello darlings and fellow book lovers! 2016 is quickly coming to a close and I have already started on my Popsugar Reading Challenge list for 2017 along with some amazing friends. Naturally, I want to share all of the excitement with you.

Most Anticipated Books of 2017


I want to break this list up for you. Some of these will be books being released in 2017 and some will just be books I am looking forward to reading. Also, some of them, especially new releases, will be sequels; however, I will mark those accordingly.

New Releases for 2017

-The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole (Release TBA) - This is the next sequel in the Arcana Chronicles series. I have been loving this series since I first started reading it in 2015. I am excited to read the last one that came out before this release date.

-Our Dark Duet by Victoria Scwab (June 13) - Another sequel for me; however, Victoria Schwab is one of my favorite authors. Her writing style is unique and her characters are always intriguing.

-Because You Love to Hate Me (July 11) - This is a collab of booktubers and authors. All I know is they were paired together and had to write about their villain of choice. Sign me up.

-Roseblood by A.G. Howard (January 10) - This Phantom of the Opera retelling is coming out at the perfect time. I am excited to get my hands on it and read it with my best friend, The Girl From Alabama.

-Caraval by Stephanie Garber (January 31) - Many are relating this to the Night Circus; however, the premise of it sounds really different. It sounds dark and gripping nonetheless, and I have heard great things from people with advanced reader copies.

From My Popsugar Reading Challenge List

-Soulless by Gail Carriger - Recommended by many, I knew I had to pick this up when one of my favorite BookTubers (BigHaired Bookworm), as of recent, raved about it.

-The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey - Another recommendation, although from some time ago now, I was really excited to be able to work this into my challenge and finally be able to pick this up. The recommender has interesting yet rather lovely tastes in books.

-Off With Her Heart by Amy Dale - This book is dear to my heart. It is written by a YouTuber (Amy Dale from The Dale Tribe) who is a mother to a type one diabetic, which is how I found their channel. She is such an inspiration to me, so I thought I would pick up her book.

-The Savage Song by Victoria Schwab - As mentioned before, I love this author and the premise of this world sounds amazing. I really love the fact that this is a duology as well.

-Paper Princess by Erin Watt - Recommended by a favorite author of mine and recently raved about online, I thought I would pick this up since I purchased them on sale.

These next five are also from my PSRC; however, these are also books that are outside of my comfort zone. Even though they may intrigue me, they are not something that I usually pick up. I really want to branch out my reading in 2017.

-Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - Another one that BookTubers have been raving about and Goodreads Choice Award winning, I thought I would challenge myself with war time reads, which are ones I typically avoid.

-The Zookeepers Wife by Diane Ackerman - This one is yet another war time book that is going to challenge me to read; however, all for diversity in reading. The movie trailer for this is what drew my attention to it.

-This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp - School shootings... Not something I try to fixate on anymore. During Columbine, I was hit hard and spent hours (like many others) reading everything I could. This one will be difficult for me to read.

-Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly - The movie trailer got me on this one. Octavia is an actress I love seeing, so I thought I would read the book for a little change in pace for this year.

-A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron - After watching the trailer for this movie, the prompt to read something from a nonhuman perspective was just too perfect to pass this one up.

This is just a small list of the books I am planning to read in the new year. What are some new releases that you are looking forward to? Are you participating in the Popsugar Reading Challenge for 2017? I would love to know some of the books on your list.

No comments