Crying Out In Faith, Not Fear

Hello, darlings! Sometimes, when we are afraid, it is easier for us to call out in fear. Many times in the Bible it states, "Do not be afraid." Yet putting our faith in something greater than we are isn't always easy. Today, I want to talk about doing just that: crying out in faith, not fear.

We all know the story. Even those who do not believe have heard about Jesus walking on water from Matthew 14: 22-33:
Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. 
But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." 
 So many focus on the miracle that took place that day, Jesus walking on water; however, I want to turn our thoughts to verse 26 (they cried out in fear.) They were so afraid of dying in the rough waters that they missed the miracle in front of them. Even after all that Jesus had shown them, they chose to cry out in fear instead of calling out to Him in faith.

There are many times that I have done just that. I have had my faith tested over and over again. Crying out in faith instead of fear isn't always the easiest thing. You may be wondering why I am talking about this, why today? Today, despite my fear and my worry, I chose to cry out in faith. I spent a lot of time during the night in prayer. Many times today I have reached for my phone only to be reminded by my lock screen, to pray harder. I was rewarded with the update that my friend came through surgery and is currently recovering in hopes of being home this weekend. In that moment, when I received that update, I do not believe that I have ever prayed such a jumbled mess of thanks, praise, and continued protection in all of my existence.

I have been reward many times over the last few years for my continued faith in God. I am reminded every time that I read that passage if I will keep my eyes on Him, I will be reward with his miracles. All I have to do is trust in Him and cry out in faith, not fear. No matter the struggles I have faced, from financial hardships to disease and even grief, God has been my rock and my comfort through all of those things. Here is a song that always reminds me of this:


Today, I want to encourage you that no matter the struggles that you are facing, nothing is too large or too small for God. Continue to pray over the troubles and hardships that you are facing and spend time in His word. You are welcome to leave your prayer requests down below or to send me a message. I would love to pray for you!

No comments