Adoption: My Princess Avary


I grew up in a very loving home. I watched my mother take in all of the kids from school and the neighborhood. You often hear that blood does not always mean family. I have never doubted this concept; however, the boundaries of such has been proven to me in recent times.



Avary is not my biological daughter. Does that change how much I love her? Not even close. With each day that passes I adore her more and more. I was so scared in the beginning. Would she like me? Would I be a good mother to her? As time has gone on we have grown so much closer to each other. I have come to see that not only does she like me, she loves me! I may be a new mother, but I find myself smiling knowing that I did well with many things. I find myself being a better aunt in the process. We talk to each other every day. And she is usually one of the last people I talk to before bed.

Loving her so dearly has proven to me that I can love the children we plan to adopt in the future just as strongly as I would my own. Our family will be a large one, God willing. Avary and I have spent so many nights talking about Disney, planning, singing, and so much more. Our excitement builds each and every day. She may not share my blood in her veins, but she has my heart. She never ceases to amaze me with her intelligence, her strength, and her personality. She truly is one of a kind. Having her as my daughter is one of the greatest blessings that I have ever received.

No comments