Dear Waffle, Let Me Be Your Spaghetti

Guys Are Waffles Girls Are Spaghetti

Guys and girls all over the world are trying to figure out the opposite sex. Woman wonder why their guys just won't talk to them about whatever has them staring into space all the time. Men look at women in confusion when they burst into tears for only she knows why, yet she keeps saying that she is fine. It is a never ending merry go round. And then you start all over when the person in your life changes.


A dear friend of mine suggested this book to me when I was having some trouble with understanding and dealing with not only myself, but my significant other and our relationship. It has been just a short time since I finished this book, and it has helped me tremendously. I have learned to recognize situations, tones, and approaches to many things. I am amazed now at just how much stress it has helped clear up for me.

This book takes a simple concept and applies it to people: Guys Are Waffles, Girls Are Spaghetti. Within the book it is stated that of course these generalizations may not and will not apply to everyone. The author explains how guys compartmentalize everything in their life and are therefore able to keep each thing separate, logical, and clearly defined. Girls on the other hand are more like a plate of spaghetti, each thought, emotion, and event touches other events. We may start on one topic and end up on at least three more in a way of expressing our thoughts and feelings. And the obvious thing is that waffles do not know how to understand this nor does spaghetti know how to understand the waffles compartments.

As a woman that is highly sensitized to those around me, especially the ones I love, it is easy for me to pick up on things and to analyze them. In doing so, I often stress and worry about things. That stress was ruling my life. After reading this book, I was able to understand what that looks like for my waffle. In learning to control my stress, I was able to learn how to help him understand it. This book has helped me understand and accept his different boxes.

I have page after page of highlights on my Kindle for this book. Had I had a print copy, I would have color coded, highlighted, and flagged this book to no end. I see this being a book that I look back on in the future. I do highly recommend this book for anyone that wants to have a better understanding of yourself and the opposite sex. You can take the tips in this book and use them however you see fit. I can see this book helping me in the future with not only stress, but with communication as well.

Here is a link to the Goodreads page for this book: Guys Are Waffles Girls Are Spaghetti. Here you can check out the summary, other reviews, and even add it to your shelves as a member of the site.

No comments