A Glimpse of the Future

I want to continue dating. With kids this will reduce a great bit. And yes I am referring to date night alone. Not just a night in the house without the kids while they sleep over somewhere. I am talking lets go out to dinner, dance around like we have just fallen in love, and not talk about our children. I know that will be hard to maintain when that is what we revert to after many years together; however, it is time for us.

Staying in Love



I want to take trips together, just the two of us. Let it be our time to be selfish and love each other freely. Some day our children will be grown and off to college or a married life of their own. I want to still be able to enjoy each others company by then. This will also be a great example to our children of how to fall in love and stay in love.

Take time at least once a month without technology. Get away from the tv, phones, and internet and just relax. With a world centered around a screen, I want to be able to escape from that with the one person I hold dear. This will be some much needed quality time with undivided attention. Will we get bored of each other? Probably so, however, we can at least laugh and say that we tried. (Or just start shooting each other with nerf guns again)

Lets sing at the top of our lungs and not care if we are in tune let along if anyone is even listening. It is well known that music is beneficial to health. So lets let loose and duet through the living room with our hairbrush and remote. Serenade me with a love song to affirm your love for me, even after all these years.

Be completely silly with me. Forget about looking perfect and act like a walrus with the chopsticks in your mouth. We can laugh at each other until our tummies ache for hours. Whether we chase each other with silly string or just make faces, lets make a date of nothing but laughter and shenanigans. This will be a great way to show the kids that getting old doesn't mean we have to grow up completely.

So here is to us falling in love and staying in love. At least I can say that there is no one else I would rather be stuck with for the rest of my life.

No comments