All Inked Up

The Meaning Behind the Ink


Putting a tattoo on your body is a life long commitment. I take that rather seriously. This piece in particular means so much to me. Several years ago I lost this beautiful angel in a car accident.


She was one of my best friends and someone that I truly enjoyed being around. She could lighten up a room with just one smile. Everyone loved her. She was taken from us way to soon. Brandy was the one that got me to start going back to church again after the last difficult time I had with a church. I started loving my faith again. One of the many dramas she had a hand in is, "His Eye Is On The Sparrow." This song is so beautiful and touching. I even played it at my grandmother's funeral for that purpose.

So the search began for the perfect sparrow. When I say this one my heart knew that was it. Going into the shop I was worried about how it would come out. That is a lot of color to go into a tattoo, and I did not have the best of pictures. The artist I used did a wonderful job with it. This photo was taken the same day. This was an early birthday present to myself. I will forever cherish this piece that represents losing her and many other loved ones in my life.

No comments