Fresh Start Challenge Day 8: Worry

"A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work." - John Lubbock


My biggest worry right now is my mother. She has been having some medical issues that we are not having any luck finding out what they are, let alone how to help them. The doctors have adjusted medicines; however, the new addition has her very disorientated. I have often thought of stopping the medication myself, but then I am reminded of the doctor's warning that it would put her into a prolonged seizure with severe if not fatal outcomes.

It breaks my heart and my spirit not to be able to or even know how to help her. All I have been able to do is keep her in bed. Silencing her tears when she wakes up and doesn't know where she is or where anything is anymore has become more frequent as the days pass. I have been struggling with making this public for the world to see. Even still I feel like I am just complaining when they are so many other people that are facing much worse. So I am laying it down at His feet. My only comfort is that I do not shoulder this alone anymore.


No comments