Fresh Start Challenge Day 7: Ohana

Mi Familia


I am the daughter of two amazing people, the sister of one older sister and two older brothers, and Aunt Jesse to the most precious children. I have been blessed with a very supportive and loving family. We have our ups and downs; however, we stick together. I was blessed with three sets of grandparents that were all lovely in their own way.

My parents: My father instilled a love of cars, fishing, and country music in me that I will never forget. He was a stay at home dad while my mother finished college and went to work as a nurse. My mother has inspired more than anyone.  She has showed me that there are no limits. After numerous back surgeries, she was told that she would be bond to a wheelchair, never to walk again. She proved the doctors wrong with that statement. She has endured so much, yet she still keeps pushing thru.

My Siblings: My older sister (Dawn) has not been around for most of my life. Up until recently, we had not had contact with each other since I was little. I was skeptical when she came back around, but I am so thankful that we are getting a second chance to get to know each other. My oldest brother (Chris) is a pain. I love him dearly though. He comes and goes in our lives and he gets into a lot of trouble. The younger of my two older brothers (Kevin) has been the one that was my best friend for years. Now that he is married with his own family, we aren't as close. He will always be the one I fought with over movies, annoyed the daylights out of, and followed around to pester him.

My Nieces and Nephews: I have three nieces and two nephews. Two of my nieces (Brittany and Kayla) I did not have the pleasure of knowing when they were young. They are now both grown. One just finished high school and the other is still attending. My other niece and nephews are my world. I would not trade them for anything in this world. No matter what I am going through they can make me smile. Hunter (9) is my little sports guy that loves to read like I do. Kylie (6) is my little mini me. Kameron (6) is our special child.

My bestfriends: I have been so blessed to have some of the greatest friends I could ever ask for. I love all of you dearly. You are all family to me. There is not a day that goes by that I do not cherish the moments I have with you.

No comments