Poetry of the Past

I was asked to share a journal or diary entry for my past and talk about how I feel about it. This is rather difficult for me. Most of the writing I did in the past is not rainbows and unicorns. No one really knows this, but I was published. Nothing large or fancy, just a coffee table poetry book. That is the poem I will be sharing in this post.


I am very ashamed of this. First, it is not very good work. I can see a lot of things that need improved in this piece. Two, this is something very dark. I wrote this during a time in my life when I cut myself. I felt so alone back then. I wish I could say that this is the only dark piece I have; however, I have a folder full. I wrote with my emotions with no reguard to how it would hurt the ones I love. I know the past makes me who I am today, but I still try to hide it out of fear. It breaks my heart to realize just how far gone I was and how close I was to ending it all.

No comments