Books That Pack a Punch


Someone dear to me requested that I do a blog about the books that have impacted my life. This will be an on going list. Automatically there were two that popped into my thoughts. I have read so many things, but some of them have changed the way I view things. Some of the books that have impacted me are not the typical choices.

The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks - This book reminded me of my grandparents. Maybe I am just a sap. This book showed me that even when I don't know myself, my true love will and he will never give up on me. Love will withstand the test of time. Even when it seems that two people just cannot work together, if they love each other they can overcome anything that stands in their way.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This book had me so emotionally involved it was real to me. It shows you just how unpredictable life can be. Green made me realize just how important it is to live one day at a time.

Death's Acre by W. Bass & J. Jefferson - As I have mentioned in a previous post, I am fascinated by forensics. I started with murder mysteries when I was young. When I was first introduced to this book and started it, I was bored; however, as I got into the book I could not put it down. I am the person that questions everything. I wondered how they can determine so many things about a crime. This book explains and goes behind the scenes of the notorious "Body Farm". I learned so much from this book that it has always stuck with me.

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - As many other adults my age, we grew up in an era that will forever be marked with wizardry. A beautifully written story that captivated the masses. It is a book that dared me to be different and who I am. It taught me that the strongest love stores can be written with one word. The wisdom and knowledge contained within those pages fueled me. So as far as Harry Potter goes... "Always"


No comments